#7

"We're not from your world; we are Valkyries from Valhalla"

"Wait, let me get this straight," I said, interrupting Jody.

"When you say you aren't from this world, you mean earth, right?"

"Yes."

"Wow, okay go on."

"As I said, we are Valkyries. We aren't humans. We were sent to your world on a mission to-"

"Wait, hold up! Woah, you're not humans?"

"I believe she just said so," Wulf replied with a scowl on her face.

Oh c'mon! She should give me a break: I've never met non-humans that look exactly like humans.

"Yeah, I heard," I replied glaring back at her.

Turning back to Jody I asked, "So, are you guys like vampires or werewolves?"

"Come to think of it, your name has 'Wulf' in it," I pointed at Wulf

"Oh Heavens, I've never had to explain what I am to someone," Jody complained.

"Ok, it's like this. We're like humans, but with special gifts that live to protect and defend our kind in our world."

"Woah. Can you show me some tricks, please? Pretty please?" I pleaded, doing my best puppy dog eyes.

"No, we don't have time for this. Can you at least behave maturely? The faster we finish this, the faster we leave this filthy human world," Wulf grumbled.

Huh?! I couldn't believe my ears. She is so rude and annoying! Here I am, trying to understand their complex ways, and she is calling me immature!

Hah, I'll show her immature.

Sticking my bottom lip out, I picked up my iPod from my bed stand. I picked up and put on my earplugs and played some music to the loudest volume, obnoxiously humming along with the tune.

'Haha, take that sucker!' I thought, laughing evilly.

The earplugs were snatched out of my ear. "What are you doing?!" Wulf roared.

"Who? Me? Oh, I'm not going to listen until someone apologizes," I stated, smiling innocently.

"What? Oh my heav... You infuriating poltergeist! If I get my hands on you, you... you crocotta! You little ifrit!"

Wow, wasn't she all rainbows and sunshine? She had many colorful names to call me (and I have no idea what any of them mean)! As I was about to reply, Meg stepped forward and put a hand on both our shoulders. She looked directly at the angry psycho's eyes. After their eye-to-eye conversation, Wulf stepped back, not even looking at me.

Well, that went well.

"I'll take it from here," Meg said. "JJ, please, we have limited time here. We've stayed much longer than necessary.

"We asked for your help because we don't know our way around here: it's all strange and different, so if you have any questions, you can ask, but you shouldn't ask stupid questions. There are also questions we can't answer because you're human. We can't go around, exposing our secrets."

"Okay," I replied. I kinda understood her, they didn't trust me, and neither did I.

Well, I had a lot of questions but just as she said, I guess I should choose wisely.

"So, you said you're Val..?"

"Valkyries."

"Yeah, that. What do you do? Like, vampires drink human blood and fly, and werewolves turn to wolves."

"We can't answer your question in full. Trying to explain this to you can take up a lot of time, which we don't have. 

"But you should know that we are basically gifted humans or humans with individual special gifts. Apart from that, when we're born, we have birthmarks that indicate where we belong. We can be either warriors, healers, farmers, guardians, seers, transporters, or something else.

"We have lived for thousands of years, and more than half of it has been in a war against demons-"

"What!? Demons are real?"

"Oh, believe me, they're real." It was Wulf that spoke and seeing her expression told me that she didn't hate me half as much as she did the demons.

Even Jody had an angry murderous expression on. Wow, I so don't want to be a recipient of that expression ever.

Turning back to Meg, I wasn't exactly comforted again.

"We had a way of controlling the war. We kept them at bay until now. They found a method to breach our security, and our people are in danger.

"But we found another idea. There was a vision about a power orb in this world that can save our people. And so the elders sent us to retrieve it. We followed the aura that was implanted in our minds by the elders, which led us to the man you saw us with. But in our moment of distraction, he disappeared and so did his aura. That's why we took you, thinking you had something to do with it."

"Woah." This is huge.

"So where do I come in now?" I asked.

"We need your help in finding him. We've tried, but there are too many obstacles, we need another way."

"But I don't even know how he looks like! All I saw when I saw him was blood."

"Oh, that's alright. I know how he looks," she said sitting opposite me and looking into my eyes, then her purple eyes changed color for only a brief second and changed back.

But right then, I felt as if something was crawling into my brain. "Oww!" I closed my eyes trying to block out the feeling, but it increased. It felt like hot air blowing in my head, and I tried hard to cool it down. What the hell is going on?!

"Hey JJ, calm down ok? Calm down, and take a deep breath. It's just me," I heard Meg say.

"W-What's going on?" I asked scared

"I'm trying to transfer the image of the man to you, you need to allow me."

"What? How?"

"Well, I don't know. This is the first time someone tried to block me out, but just try to clear your mind and listen to me."

I tried to listen, but my mind wasn't clear at all. I was scared.

After a short while, I felt something pop up in my head. It felt as if I had been trying to remember something, and then it came. I remembered it, it was the man I saw in the alley!

Woah! They had almost the same expressions, surprise, and shock.

"How?" I asked, looking at the weapon psycho.

"That's part of what my gift allows me to do. I have control of the mind, not just mine, but other people's too. But it's kind of difficult with you, to be honest, I tried entering your mind numerous times that is why you kept fainting."

"Wow, that's just ...wow," I had no other words: the weapon psycho was a living breathing weapon. She controlled people's minds,

"So can you find him now?" Jody asked.

"Oh, yeah I can! Well, with my superpower of course," I said grinning.

Jumping out of bed to my reading table, I picked up my laptop.

You know, being rich and having a famous mom has its perks. And obviously, the best superpower in the human world is money, which I do have.

So it shouldn't be a surprise that I have the best hacking program sitting in my laptop, waiting to be used.

Cracking my hands and neck, I sat cross-legged on my bed, my laptop in front of me.

"Time to find Mr. Mystery."

Hello, my beautiful psychos, I hope we find our mystery man.

Till next time lovelies,

Signing out

Psycho queen