Step Eighteen: Living With The Alien

Beginne am Anfang

“I can't believe this place,” he breathed, looking around with that astonished look I'd seen on him all day. That look made me grin.

Right then a low flying Sub flew over us and the wind whipped at our clothes. The ground was for people, the sky was for riders. Flying over us was a buzz of Juperians on their Subs, coming and going about their business. The bees of the sky.

“Can we have a go on one of those?” Tyler asked, pointing to a tower that stretched up to a platform level with the flyers, docked to it were three empty Subs. They were free for use, because no one owns the Subs. You just use it when you need it, then drop it off at a dock for someone else when you're done, easy.

“Sure, but I'm driving,” I grinned and ran to the stairs, Tyler close behind.

Tyler~

Max sat on the front of the 'Sub', but I thought it looked more like a jet-ski than anything. I climbed on behind him and placed my arms around his waist to hold on tight. There were no helmets or seat belts or anything, and at this height I was seriously concerned about falling off. But I trusted Max.

“Ready?” he asked, and he seemed more excited about this than me.

“Yep,” I nodded, popping the p and looking around. The Sub jerked a little, then streamed off through the air.

It was fantastic! The wind whipping at your hair. It was like being on a motorbike, but instead of just going left and right, you could go up and down, roll over, pin-wheel, and spiral. It was the best feeling in the world. But I knew driving it would be even better.

Max drove us around the city, and when walking around it had taken us all day, the setting sun casting red beams through the gas cloud now, on this Sub it took minutes. It was incredible.

We pulled up at a different Sub port thing, one closer to Max's house, and hopped off.

“Is it alright to just leave it here?” I asked as we descended down the stairs buildt into the huge trunk supporting the platform.

“Of course,” Max chuckled and stopped. I frowned as he grabbed my hand and pulled me slowly towards him as he leant his back against the wall of the tree. He pulled me against his chest and smiled, brushing a piece of my hair behind my ear.

“I'm so glad you're here,” he breathed and I smiled.

“I'm so glad you're alive,” I laughed and he chuckled too.

“I'm never going to leave you,” he pointed out and I nodded.

“Um... ditto,” I laughed and leant against him. He felt the same, even though the both of us were in Juperian form and not human like I was used to. And at first I'd thought it'd be weird, but it wasn't. Regardless of what he looked like or how many limbs he had, he was still my Max.

Max cupped my jaw and lifted my face to his. I stared into his eyes as he leant forward and closed his, pressing his lips to mine. His Juperian lips were bigger, and I liked it; more mouth to kiss. He kissed me slow and softly, and it made my whole body tingle. The way this body reacted to the things he did were different to how it did as a human. The spots on my cheeks began to tingle and my eyes glowed brighter. My pants felt uncomfortable again.

“Uh,” I breathed, pulling away slowly but staying close in his arms. I was surprised by how breathless I was just from that. He chuckled and kissed me again.

“It's getting late, we should head back,” he said and then took my hand and lead me away.