Chapter 4

Picture of James (Jessy's dad)

****

I ran down stairs hearing a loud bang, my heart pound loudly scared of what's happening. I stop when I saw my parentsback from their trip. My mom her blonde hair neatly tied up, dad his built figure covered in blood. My mouth fell open at the sight.

"What the hell happpen?" I gasp.

They both jump at the sound slowly turning around with caution like they are scared of what's behind them. Both my parents freezed into place, their eyes wide.

"You're back?" My mom stare at me curiously, her eyes running down my body.

"Yeah." I shift my eyes at my dad. His body tense, the way he looked at me is like I'm an intruder. A stranger.

"Dad?" I took a step down and notice how he put distance between us."What happened to you?"

"Nothing, where were you Jessy?" His voice seems different, rough and tense.

"Um..." I choked up not knowing what to say, should I lie and tell my parents what? "You know with Cammy. I missed her so I went to one of her races."

"Cammy huh?" Dad's eyes hard and cold.

I was taken back by the way he's staring at me, he's never been like that to me before. My dad I and I are close, we share everything and never once he looked at me like that. He only had that look in his eyes when he just came back from battle in Africa. The Navy really broken him and we got him through that. The way his body is tense and gaurd up made me frown at confusion. He only does that when he's ready to fight.

"What's wrong dad?"

He close his eyes and relaxed, his face soften as he open his eyes. He walk up to me, I held my breath trying to pretend I don't smell his blood.

"I missed you" He took me into his arms.

I close my eyes and smiled and for a moment I felt safe being in my dad's arms. That soon vanished when I felt a sharp jabbing pain across my neck. I pull back eyes wide staring back at my dad holding a needle against my neck. The shock and the fear clearly written all over my face but most of all I felt confused.

Then the dizzyness start rushing down on me fast, the room is spinning in a fast motion. My body felt like it went numb I can hear my mom yelling in a frantic voice why he did that. I catched him say, 'It's for our safety' the way he said it made my chest tighten at the hate in his voice. I felt myself being lowered down on the ground. My eyes blurred in and out of focus, I watch as my dad hover above me. His black neat shaven hair showed in my view.

"I'm sorry" His voice echoed.

I felt my eyes roll in the back of my skull trapping me into the blackness that surround me.

**

I groan lifting my head feeling the strain in my neck when I moved. The pounding ache in my head came stronger as I open my eyes. I stare back at my wrist strapped to the chair, myy heart speed up in panic. I jolt up finding myself in a familar dark room. The first thought that came into my mind was they found me. Dominic took me back to the room where I got tortured and the panic was unbareable. I pant trying to control my heart beat but every painful beat made me cringe at the thought of being in that pain again.

I gave out a cry throwing my head back so my hair won't stick to my now sweating forehead. I notice my hoodie is thrown to the side leaving me in my black singlet. My eyes snap up at the ceiling where there's a big clear window out looking the sky. My mind clicked at the realization where I am, I use to come down here with mom when I was little. They would do their business they need to take care of and I sit under the big window to look up at the stars.