Chapter 25

Dominic's POV

It's been a week since I told Jessy the moment I never told anyone. Lincoln told me to get her to trust me, to get her closer to me. I didn't plan on taking showing her to that mountain I just acted because when I saw that look in her eyes it bothered me. I didn't want her to stand alone over the mountain the way I did. I didn't want to imagine it. 

I didn't want to earn her trust because Lincoln ordered me to. I want her to completely trust me for me because that's what I want not what Lincoln wants. I care about what she thinks of me and I want her to understand me. 

When I told her my story she didn't say much but I knew she understood. She looked at me like she saw me for the first time. 

I wanted her to not hate me so bad but I knew once she found out about everything I have been doing behind her back she will never forgive me. 

I thought Lincoln's orders was going to be tough I knew that. I know she will be stubborn and angry. I knew she would be endlessly fascinating but one thing I didn't figure out is in time I did care about her because in time I see myself in her. Then all I want to do is save her. 

Lincoln gave me a call a day after he found out about his precious little Kevin. He was pissed and usually he keeps calm and cool but without Kevin everything is recorded in camera which means if he catches attention from FBI, CIA and other unwanted agents he will be a bit busy for a few days. People who are after him can trace him. 

He command me to see him today so here I am sitting in a cafe waiting for him. 

"Hi you're not from here are you?" A girl with strawberry blonde hair walked up to me with a slight blush forming on her white cheeks filled with tiny freckles. 

"No I move around" I try to look poliet but at times it's hard when you don't want to talk to anyone. 

"Well I came up to you because my friend over there thinks you're cute and-

"Dominic always attracting young ladies around you" Lincoln appeared behind her causing her to give out a yelp. 

"I got it from you father" I rolled my eyes. 

His pale eyes glimmer in the light coldly he face the girl who looked like a tomato red faced. 

"Excuse us will you sweetheart" He smiled warmly at her. 

"S-sure it's nice to meet you" She gave me a slight wave before clumsily walking away. 

Lincoln wore his casual clothes today but he still end up looking like an asshole without his suit anyway. He sat down with an expression he always held when he gives me words of distaste towards me. 

"Are you making progress with Jessy?" He look over at the waitress coming to us. "I'll just have a coffee thank you" 

"And you sir?" She looked at me.

"Nothing" 

I watch as she pour black coffee in a white mug steaming infront of Lincoln. 

"There's no progress" I answered his question with a lie.

I didn't even hesitate to cover up for her because I want more time. I want to find many things that have fascinated me but also I don't want her to hate me.  

"I thought so and your slow progress is causing me my vampires Dominic" He took a sip of his black coffee. "If you can't do the job of keeping her close to you you need to put her down" 

"What?" My eyes widen. "I thought you needed her" 

He took out a small red clear liquid in a small bottle and but it on the middle of the table.