Chapter 46

Dominic's POV

"What is that?" Michael pop up with his Tom Ford suit with silk back hair. 

"What?" I fix my collar trying to not look guilty feeling nervous. 

"That." He point at my bracelet. "You haven't worn that since the day I met you." 

I look down at my wrist where my bracelet attached itself around my wrist. It was a simple gold chain with a message carved around the chains. My mother made it for me to wear for my 18th I found it among her things that Lincoln wanted to burn and destroy. I remember hiding it staring at the black box with my name written on it and I remember being so scared to open it. I dared myself to open it one night when my mind was nothing but faded. I remember reading the letter and I remember being so angry that I tore it up. I was by the river side and I raised my arms to throw it as far as I can but I couldn't. 

She wanted me to give this to the person I love with the words vowing that I would protect them no matter what. I wanted to rip it up like I did with the letter but I couldn't do it. The hurt and loneliness burned me more then any vampire poison. 

 When I figured out that I was in love with Emilia that first thing that popped in my mind is that bracelet. I wore it that day to give it to her but I was too terrified to let her know what I am. I didn't want to drag her down because of what I am is something she shouldn't be with. I accepted that and I left but I left her to face a life I thought could be better for her but everything she loves was taken from her once again. 

After Jessy left I stared at it for awhile and I had inner conflict with myself. Today is the day I am going to tell her everything. About Lincoln, about his plans, why I got involve and how she made me fall in love with her. I am going to show her she can't live without me the way I can't live without her. I am absolutely terrified and I never stopped feeling this afraid the moment she steps foot out of this house. When she gets back I am going to take her in my arms and kiss her deeply telling her how much she made my life worth all of the pain. 

Michael knows all about this bracelet and what it represents and by the way he is looking at me he is trying to figure out who the girl that made me wear this once again. 

I look up at him and slightly smile my fingers tracing the golden bracelet. 

"Who knew she could make me love again." I sighed feeling my stomach launch straight in my throat. 

His eyes search mine softening seeing the truth behind it all. A grin fell upon his lips as he stare at the bracelet but there's also concern because he saw the part of me when I had to let Emilia go. I was a wreck and nobody not even my brothers can snap me out of it. I value Michael's guidance and friendship that at times when I look at him trying to fix the mess I have started it makes me wonder why he would bother with people like me. 

"Love is a strange thing." He chuckled. 

"She's more than anything I need." I spoke. 

"Jessy has changed everyone of us since the moment she came into our lives. She let Kara experience that there is more then partying in life and that happiness can be found by only one person. She helped Niki become more social by going out more but she doesn't push her to speak to her. She even created responsibility among the twins Chester and Luke to look after Alex other then themselves. She gave back the daughter Chad thought he had lost and gave him a purpose. She gave Alex knowledge about the world but taught her to keep her innocence and kindness. She taught Annabel that vampires and witches are more a like then they think and that family comes first too. She gave Oscar another chance to live, another chance to start a new life and new meaning of this life. She taught me to be strong, to help the people that is right, to teach those who have done us wrong justice. She taught me to be grateful for this family." He spoke those words that would bring Jessy to tears.