Chapter 35

Jessy's POV

"Happy Birthday." Oscar whispered in my ear hugging me from behind.

A smile form my lips slowly turning around to face him. Only he would remember this day. 

"You remembered." I look down at his hand seeing a gift wrapped golden box. "I haven't celebrated my birthday for two years I'm not starting now."

"Come on open it please." He put it on my hands. "You use to love gifts."

"Yeah I used to." I mumble staring down at it.

We sat down on the back deck looking out on the open feild watching the sun rising.

"Open it for me." He pout using it against me even after all thosse years he still gegts me to do what he wants with that look.

"Fine but this is the last gift okay, no more after this."

"Yeah yeah." He rolled his eyes.

 I rip the shinny paper revealing a red old box my curiousity perks up seeing it. I lift the lid revealing a lot of things that looks so familiar. My eyes landed on a wooden carved knight he made for me when we were nine years old. He had skills with the knife at a very young age. I lift it up my heart melting at the sight. 

"I thought I lost it." I whispered holding the wood that means more to me than I thought it would be. 

"Don't you remember." A small smile place upon his lips. "We were thirteen and you got angry at me because I ditched you for my douche friends for a week and you threw it at my face. You told me you don't need me anymore. I remember giving this to you when we stayed up all night watching a scary movie and you got so scared after so I gave you that. I told you to not be scared because nothing will hurt you as long as you hold this." 

I stare at him in admiration my eyes softening remembering the memories and this time it didn't hurt remembering. These memories is something not Lincoln or my dad can destroy. 

"You kept it all these years?" I whispered. 

"I wanted it to give it back to you but I waited the right time when you would need it back." 

When I was a kid whenever I get scared and Oscar wasn't around I would clenched my fist around the knight holding him close imaging Oscar's face on the knight here to protect me. It got me through bad times. Oscar showed me more love then anyone in my life. 

My eyes scan over the box of things a mix tape with his hand writing scribled ontop of it saying, 'Jessy & Oscar's summer tune.' We made this mix tape the moment we got our drivers license and when summer came we drove around every where with the roof down my feet on the dash board singing along with the music ontop of our lungs. 

"I can't believe it." I chuckled tracing my hand on it. 

"That was the best summer of my life." 

Then I began to realize what this box holds memories that he kept for me. I can feel tears burning in the back of my eyes ready to shed. A picture on the side caught my attention it was us on our first date when we were sixteen. We are horror freaks so we decided to break into the haunted house kids at the time were scared of. Both of us standing in the dark room with a big smile on our face. It was the perfect date. 

"I can't believe you did this." I whispered in amazement. 

Letters, pictures and other different things are in here. 

"There's 21 iteams there for every year of your birthday." He said sweetly. 

For this moment all the anger vanished staring at him in awe and I couldn't be more lucky to have someone like him in my life. To have someone like him loving me so much that I don't deserve any of it.