Epilogue

If you ask me 40 years ago who am I? That was the question that itches and irrtated me in the back of my mind. I would have told you I'm Jessy Volkov, straight A student hopping to become a journalist graduating in Yale. I have two of the most loving parents I could ever asked for. I have two best friends that is considered my family as well. I go on dates, end our dates infront of my doorstep with my dad pulling me inside protectively. I've had my heart broken, been cheated on like what most teenagers go through. I'm just an ordinary person, just like you. If you ask me who am I right now? I will tell you I'm Jessy Volkov, pure royal blood is in my veins making me the ruler of all vampires. I named myself not a ruler of anyone but a protector. I will tell you I conquered pain from Lincoln, from my parents and from the humans. I gave justice to all that suffered from Lincoln's insane ruthless deeds. I will tell you I came back from the dead three times because I cannot die, I am the definition of what a true immortal vampire is. I will tell you I hated everything and the thought of living in this pain had me weeping for it to end and that I was not strong as I thought I could be. I will tell you the people I call my new family brought me out of that darkness and showed me to love something much better and I would sacrifice anything for all of them. I will tell you I forgave and loved deeper and lost people along the way. 

If you ask me who I am. I will tell you I'm Jessy Volkov and I'm a vampire and I say that with pride. 

It's been 20 years since I came back to life and scared everybody. Annabel nearly had a heart attack when I decided to sneak up to her room and sat on her bed waiting for her. I told her I couldn't miss her wedding day and I told her what Luke said. She cried on me as I explain what happened. 

I told everyone of my abilities they were shock and fascinated that anyone could live for eternity. Truth is I'm terrified of it, terrified of losing people I love and never dying along with them. Terrified that maybe one day I will be alone in this world. That I'm the only vampire that lives forever. 

Years went by and vampires came in and out of our home seeking for something new and someone to protect them. If there is a crime broken in our law we don't torture them and kill them for justice we built a steel prison same material Annabel and I built for Lincoln which means they cannot leave without serving their time. Some will stay there forever. The council decides who goes there, the council is the person that inflict justice and crime. They would vote and listen to the problems vampires have they would take action or not depending on the situation.

When Niki saw me back from the dead she gave me this look like 'I told you so' look and it had me rushing to her arms. She welcomed me back whispering 'You wouldn't have believed me if I told you' she was meaning about my ability. Dominic wasn't happy about it though, he became mad at Niki for not telling him that I would come back but he got over it because I told me to stop blaming her for your pain. 

The big home in France is a welcome for new vampires who is terrified of what's happening to them. Most of us spread out around the world because our home is getting to small for all of us but a big part is they want to start something new just like Dominic and I. Living in the same house with Kat, Alex, Niki, Chester and Chad for the past several years was great but Dominic and I thought it's time to live on our own as a married couple.

We moved into a farm house in United Kingdom with a big deck that over looks the wide empty field surrounded by trees. There's a lot of room in the house of course Kat thought she deserved a room dedicated for her and of course we gave it but when Kat picked a room everybody started picking one for themselves like they are going to live here too. It amuses me and warmed me up but it annoyed Dominic telling them to piss off because he's not paying for the furniture they want in their room. I saved a room just for Alex.