Chapter 36

This pain. This pain is the only thing that is on my mind and all I could do is crumble right infront of them. I can hear Dominic trying to get me out of my panic attack state but I was way in too deep to get pulled out. 

My mind can't process what is happening right now. It's frozen, stuck, it's broken. 

"Jessy, calm down listen to my voice." His voice, his sweet that had me. 

I can feel him lifting me up to my feet his hands firmly holding my head up to look at him trying to shake me out of my panic attack. His eyes filled with panic and worry gazing down at me.

"Come on we have to get out of here." He took a hold of her hand. "Let's-

Before he could finish the sentence a tree branch pierce right through his torso his mouth gaping open as blood drip down. His words dying in his throat while his eyes cast down at the branch shock falling to his knees instantly. His face twisted in pain griping the tip of the long branch. 

"Dominic." I gasp my panic began to increase even more. 

My father toss him aside on the ground making him scream in pain trying to get that out of him. He stood infront of me my heart comepletly stopped fearing what's infront of me. Smelling the difference in his blood. Seeing the way he moves, the way he skillfully pierced it right through Dominic in a swift movement not even Dominic predicted his actions the way he always does dodging attacks. Seeing the difference in the way he carries himself. 

He's always been graceful and skillful with weapons, he has a mind of a hunter but there is something different. Something that had me taking a step back to realize what it is. 

He's a vampire. 

"This is a trick." I whispered shaking my head. 

He smile taking a few steps towards me but each time I flinch away from him my breathing coming out fast and short. 

"Get away from her." Dominic groan from the ground lying on his side trying to have the courage to pull it right out of him. 

"I'm not going any where Jessy you are my daughter after all." He gave me this smile that was meant to be comforting but all it did is make me feel dizzy wishing I'm fully sober for this. 

"Get out of my head." I shook my head my face twisting in pain spinning away from him. 

I can feel every piece of me slipping away, I can feel every fiber of my cell shutting down. 

Then I felt it. I felt his hands on my arms confirming my questions that I've been dreading. The contact of his skin on mine had me flinch away jumping away quickly. My eyes widen shock seeing him really here, right infront of me. 

"You're a vampire." I whispered my eyes moving down his body not believing it. No I didn't want to believe it. 

This heavy ache began to set in as I stare at the man infront of me a smile never looked more sinister then ever. 

His words began to echo in my head how much he despise vampires that if he had a chance to burn them all he would. He would drag us all in a burning pit not flinching as he lights us all up. 

"How??" My voice spat out the question that is driving me insane. 

"I have cancer Jessy. I've had cancer for three years now and the only thing that was keeping me alive was vampire blood. I relied on the blood of something I hate but I had to stay alive for your mother, for you." He step towards me. 

I force myself to not flinch at my movement and stand ground holding in my pathetic weak feeling deep inside. The mention of mom was like a big slap in the face reminding me of her.