Chapter 54

I watch them getting beheaded right infront of me, they look up with tears and anger in their eyes. Even though I can see the pain flickering in their eyes they still won't back down and reveal the information. People gather around the soliders with long machete.

"He will not stop until every human is ripped apart and I would've enjoyed ripping your daughter apart." One vampire spat at the solider infront of him earning a vampire poison splash in his eyes. 

He screamed the chains on his neck tied him to the cement. There were four other vampires displayed in public for the beheaded. One by one their head was ripped from their shoulders and put on a stake leaving it on the middle of the street just like before. I remember one vampire locked eyes with mine and she gave me this smirk. A smirk like she knew I would be watching, she wanted me to watch what humans can do too and as the blade pierce down on her neck the bone broke and it was the loudest sound heard. People were cheering and shouting words while I stood there emotionless staring at the heads on the stake while everyone went back to what they were doing. 

I can sense one solider lingering behind me probably wondering why I would stay and look at something so inhumane, no remorse or guilt would ever be felt about this.

"Do you like our work?" He grin wildly.

My eyes snap towards him feeling my anger rise up to the surface making his grin drop seeing the murderous glare I held.  

"You're just provoking the vampires to do something much worst believe me." I face him. "You think you're winning by displaying this? This does not create fear, it creates anger and revenge and a pissed off vampire is hard thing to deal with just imagine thousands of them all filled with rage." 

"They bombed our houses! They killed families in their home that they thought was safe and you think they have the right to be the only one that gets to be angry? I will hang their worthless body for everyone to see that they are nothing but animals." He clenched his gun making me aware of the anger in him making him shake. 

"Humans were monsters before vampires." 

My words seem to anger him glaring at me judmeantally and with a hint of disgust. I face him and smile slightly confusing him more. Humans act like they are all good and were just the big bad villian of this world. No, vampires and humans are the same. There are good and evil on both sides.  

"There are other ways to deal with vampires." I look ahead at the hanging heads blood splatering on the ground. 

"And what is that?" 

"A different leader is coming my friend, you'll see this war will end I'll make sure of it." 

I began to walk away leaving him confused with my words. He frown and followed my movement. 

"What's your name?" 

"Jessy Volkov."

He helped me decide who I am fighting for, I will not watch another young vampire get a bullet hole through their bodies 12 times then get hung while every human screamed curses at them. They scream that we are an abomination but look at what they are doing and I'm getting tired seeing the rightful hypocrisy in their faces. They say they want a peaceful world without us roaming around in it but I believe everybody is capable of being cruel race, sex, religion, vampires or humans does not define our actions. 

    ~~//~~//~~

"Just sleep Jessy." Dominic mumbled against my neck protesting when I move an inch to get up. 

"I can't we need to do something." I sighed deeply frustrated. 

"You haven't even sat down since the moment we came back and that was four days ago." Dominic pulled back and looked at me frowning. "I see what you're doing."