Chapter 22

Song:

Boyce Avenue cover- Creed

Picture of Jessy.

~~//~~//~~

"I don't think this is a good idea" Annabel stopped walking looking hesitant before she takes another step.

"You're fine here I need you to be safe and this is the place"

"Full of vampires" She spat disgustingly still not fond of vampires.

"Yes and please don't hurt them" I chuckled opening the door. "You can trust me they won't do anything you wouldn't want to do okay?"

"For years my kind has been running away from yours and now I'm going to live with them" She rolled her eyes. "My grandma would be so disappointed" She said sarcastically.

"I think you'll make it up to her when you kill Lincoln" I winked she even cracked a smile rolling her eyes at me.

The minute we stepped in the house all different pairs of heads poped up like curious cats. Their eyes widen at the sight of Annabel. I told me them she was coming today and I told them to be cool. They absolutely forgot what I said because they are looking at her like an alien that has landed infront of them. 

Thankfully Michael appeared and gave a welcoming smile not giving at wide eyed look like the rest of them. He walked up to Annabel and thrust his hand towards her.

"Welcome I'm Michael it very nice to meet you Annabel and I hope you will be comfortable here while you stay" He smiled taking her hand.

"Thank you" Annabel is not much of a talker or maybe just to vampires?

Michael notices her body language the she didn't want to have a few chit chat.

"Why won't you show Annabel where she will stay" He looked over at me.

"Sure, let's go" I nodded and walked towards the stairs.

"Jessy!" Alex ran up to me and gave me her sweet smile. "Can I see daddy now?"

"Oh...Alex not yet but I promise soon alright?" I kneel down infront of her.

"But he must be so scared down there because I know I was" She frown not completely understanding why he needs to be isolated from everyone.

"Michael is there checking up on him so-

"I've never seen a kid vampire in years" Annabel interrupted fascinated by Alex that she kneeled down beside me to get a better view.

"Hello" Alex smiled looking up at her in her doll like eyes.

"Hi" Annabel looked at her in awe an opposite expression she gave to the other vampires. "It's very rare to have a child vampire"

"Why?" My eyebrows came together curiously.

"Because they never succed the transformation their body would be too little and weak to handle it. Eventually they would get themselves killed. I met a little boy in Norway he was around the same age as Alex and I realized something. He wasn't just an ordinary vampire there was something special about him. He told me stories about how he was turned in the 17's and how he was seven years old when they turned him. When I asked if he's sad about always being a seven year old kid he just gave a smile and said 'People are never meant to live forever and stay young eventually time runs out.' I didn't understand him until one day a few years went by I got a post card. A picture of not a small little boy I met but a 14 year old boy." She looked down at Alex with a smile. "They all age it could take years or decades and decades but they age until they are old."