Chapter 26

Dominic's POV

"Where are you going this time?" Niki is sitting on her favorite chair with the fur that she wraps herself around everytime with a book on her hand. 

"Out Niki would that be okay with you?" I gave her a sarcastic answer giving me her trade mark poker face. 

I shove my coat in and head towards the door but I stopped when I heard her speak up. 

"Tell her Dominic" She said over my shoulder. 

"What?" My eyes snapped back to her hopping she didn't know anything. 

She flip through the pages and sighed her eyes glued to her novel calm and collected like always. 

"Do you really think you can keep anything from me?" She slightly smirk. 

I sighed deeply running my hand over my hair roughly. I sometimes I wish she wouldn't have powers to dream about the future and past. There is no point in denying and playing dumb not with anyway. 

"I will soon" I promised myself that I will but everytime I do I choke up. 

"Soon Dominic won't make her less mad" 

Niki is the quite type but she knows everything when she wants to know about you. She mostly keeps it to herself. She never tells anyone their future because she once said 'the future is not for anyone to know because not knowing is what makes life worth it.' 

I walked out and drove to the hospital parking my bike on the space. I shrug off my helmet and walked up to the nurse receptionist. She looked up at me and blush slightly making me smirk. 

"Hello Cherry" I look at her name tag. "Can you be sweet heart and tell me where I can find the body of James and Stacey Volkov." 

"Are you related in some way with them because-

"I'm not asking Cherry" I let my ability come through controling her mind to thinking telling me is the right thing to do. 

"Okay" She nodded quickly. "You will find Dr Frank in the lab 18 floor right at the end." She instructed. 

"Thank you" I smiled. 

I ran past blind by human's eyes to follow and in no time I arrived in the place where dead people come to freeze and be poked with needles, cut and sowed back together. I can smell the rotting smell in the air mixed with cleaning alcohol. 

I entered the big white doors swinging them forward. The doctor with the long white lab coat spin around his hair bolding white. 

"Excuse me do you need something?" He took his glasses off putting his scaple down. 

"Yes you can show me where Stacey and James Volkov's body" I ordered him compelling his mind to trust me and don't question anything I do. 

He walked towards a silver wall with 12 to 17 closed doors where the bodies lie in the cold metal box. A cold fog realised the same time the long table is pulled with the body of Stacey. I was imagining a white dead body draped over a white paper sheet but instead I found and dark corpse that is burned to the bone. Strings of hair sticked out, her neck bent in an awkward position and her body is so small now it's just bones. 

There is nothing to identify her except her name tag and nothing else. 

"Where's James" 

He pulled the door next to it but there was nothing but the fog. I breathe sharply and it felt like the ice cold chill of the fog is seeping through my bones seeing the empty table.