Chapter 44

Dominic's POV

"Look at that asshole." Luke stared at the guy on the street that attacked another men because he thinks he is a vampire. 

He called a few of his buddies to help attack a poor innocent man walking along the street. If this was a week ago everyone would have try to stop the fight or pull their phones out to record. People seem to find these things basic and just keep walking along but still wary of the fact vampires is walking among them. 

"Poor bastard." I shrug fixing my coat. 

I can imagine what Jessy would do. She would walk up there and fling them like little ants helping the poor man. That's the thing I admire most about her, she would help anyone that is right whether that is a human, hunter, vampire or witches she would help. I am not like her, I care little for the humans I don't fight them or pretend to be their friends I simply ignore their existence.

"So two more days until we attack father." Luke sip his coffee. "Are you ready for it?"

"I said I was."

"I know," We sat down on the bench while snow began to fall slowly upon us."You are his first child, you both don't get along but I know you are his favorite. You may have hated each other, he may even not like his children but not you. He loved you." Luke point out. "Are you really ready?"

"Well his favorite child is going to rip his throat out with my bare hands and shove it back in his mouth to choke on his blood." I snap my eyes on him.

"Wow." He smirk chuckling. "Father would love how unique you planned his death." Luke laughed amused. 

"He expect a lot from his favorite child." I smirk but slowly vanished fearing what I have been fearing for a long time now. 

I know eventually Jessy will find out about everything and I know she will hate me for it. The moment I finally realize that I fell in love with someone who I was suppose to blindly stab in the back had me anxious and paranoid. Paranoid that Lincoln would tell her everything and everyday I prepare for her to hate me. I prepare for her to never glance at my way or even speak to me. 

These thoughts are invading my mind and I can't stop it and slowly it driving me nuts to think of it. 

"What's wrong with you?" Luke stared at me weirdly. "I've been talking about how much of an asshole you are for the past two minutes and you are just staring blankly at me." 

I blink rapidly shaking my head. I know if I keep all of this on my own I am going to explode or worse tell her that I have betrayed her. I look up at Luke, my brother that never turn his back on me not even once. 

"The moment Jessy was turned I was part of Lincon's plan all along." I finally said it out loud to someone finding a little pressure lifted from me. 

"Dude..." Luke trailed his eyes widen as he stare at me mouth wide open. "Are you for real or you're fucking with me?" 

"Luke I wouldn't be joking about this." I growled feeling the stress build up again. 

He lean back on the bench trying to take a moment to take it in. I put my head on my hands I couldn't even look at Luke while I said it how hard would it be saying it to her. I don't want the moments I had with her to be ruined. 

"Why? The last time I checked you hate Lincoln. Why would you do this for him?" He gasp dramatically making me roll my eyes. "Are you still part of his plan?" 

"No! Okay..it's a long story." I shook my head an increasing headache came shooting across my temple. 

"Well brother time is what we got for eternity. Tell me everything." He looked at me seriously.