Chapter 14

I completely ignore Dominic's presence being around him makes me twitch uncomfortable. He still had this stupid smirk on his face because he got under my skin so easily.

"Can I ask you a question?" Alex sat infront of me across the lawn.

The sun beam down on her shinny hair bringing out the redness out. Her creamy face glow flawless with bits of freckles on her nose.

"Sure what is it?"

She picked the grass nervously making me frown at her nervousness.

"Um can I see my mom?" She look up pleadingly. "I'm not going to show myself of course I just want to see her." A flicker of sadness hit her brown eyes.

I look away from her eyes feeling guilty. For these past few years I have known Alex I stopped regretting saving her. The way I watch her live her life and never take it for granted. She loves being what she is, she appreciate the new life she can have.

My fears for myself is my fear for her too. For her to see her parents and only to reject her for what she is. To not have a family. To never grow up.

Then I realize she's nothing like me. She takes everyday as a new beginning, she forgives easily and love deeply. She takes something negative and find some way to make it something positive. She's just the type of person who will always be happy.

I'm always thankful for that. 

I look up at everyone who is waiting for my respponse. Michael shook his head slowly thinking it's a bad idea. The look on her face can break anyone's heart she can control people so easily she just don't realize it.

I swallowed my lump and move myself closer to her. I wrap my arms around her small shoulder moving her long brown curls away from her face.

"Just to see ok?" I gave her a small smile

"Really?" She look up with that bright spark back into her eyes.

"Yeah just for a few minutes" I smiled.

I look up at the others seeing their face soften at the sight of Alex. Who can say no to this little girl?

***

I stood behind her as she look up at the big white house with the red door. It's one of those houses you dream to want when you have a family. It's a family home with tree house in the back. I felt for Alex, I knew what kind of feeling you have just looking at the house you grew up in.

A dark green Mercedes-Benz pulled up into the front lawn. A women hopped out. She had the same face structure as Alex, her nose the same cute button nose. She also had the same brown curls. Then the front door open revealing a tall blonde man with the same big brown eyes Alex has.

He walked up to his wife with open arms. She hugged him and laugh at the words he whispered lovingly. I couldn't help but smile at the sight of the couple. They seem to have the same high spirit as their daughter.

Alex reached for my hand as for a support. I squeezed her hands in comfort hopping she would have closure with this. I hope she would be happy to know they are too.

I look down to see tears in her eyes as she watches her parents. I kneel down wishing I could make things better for her. We both know we can't go back to the way we use to. We can't tell anyone and hope they will understand.

I reached forward and wipe her tears away making my chest tighten at the sight. She turn to me with a small sad smile.

"They are happy" She whispered her lips wobbeling.