Five

"Where am I taking you?" I ask as we step back into the car, a take-out container in Jimin's hands. I let him take home the rest of my pizza because he couldn't stop staring at it, it obvious that he had enjoyed the bites he had taken earlier. His smile when I had given it to him was worth it anyway.

"Back to the college" he answers, putting his seatbelt on and turning to look at me. "I still have a class."

I nod and start the car, pulling out of the parking lot and getting back on the freeway. I don't try to make conversation on the way back, my mind too busy running over everything that went on in the pizza place.

I still can't get the words those girls had said out of my head, Jimin's forlorn look still clear in my mind. Did he know them from high school? I don't recall ever seeing him around them back then, but they might have been in one of his classes. And why did they make un of him the way they did? You would think that people would get more mature when they got into college, but it seems as if I was wrong.

It isn't long before we are back at the college campus, the music that was playing cutting off as soon as I shut the engine off. I reach up and put my hair in a high ponytail, turning towards Jimin as I finish. He's been through a lot today, so I don't want to say something I normally would and offend him. Instead I decide that I should just smile, taking my key out of the ignition as I do so.

"Thanks for agreeing to go out with me, hun. I had fun."

"I did too" he grins, it wavering slightly when I move to get out of the car. His hands are soft as he reaches out and grabs one of my own, both of his hands clutching onto my fingers.

"I, um........thank you for sticking up for me today."

He is looking anywhere but at me, a frown on his face as he continues. "I'm sorry you had to in the first place. Tae always tells me I should learn how to stick up for myself."

I frown, "while I agree that being able to defend yourself from verbal attacks like what happened today should be a priority, I didn't mind having your back Jimin."

"Really?" he asks with wide, hopeful eyes, him finally looking up at me as I squeeze his fingers encouragingly.

"Really. You have been nothing but kind to me, so it was the least I could do to return the favor. You agreed to go on a date with someone like me anyway, so of course I didn't mind defending you."

I smile as I pinch one of his cheeks, unable to resist now that we are so close. His lips are parted as he looks up and into my eyes, his cheeks a light pink. It's as if he has never heard anyone say something like that to him before, it making me confused as to what him and Taehyung's relationship is really like if the poor boy is getting so starstruck over some common decency.

He seems to be having an internal battle with himself as he continues to stare at me, his throat moving as he gulps. I simply sit there and let him go over whatever he is thinking about in his mind, not really paying much attention to it.

That's why I'm surprised when he suddenly leans forward and presses his lips to mine.

It was a hard sort of peck that lasted for less than a second, but it was a kiss all the same. My eyebrows raise as a smirk lifts up the corners of my mouth, his eyes incredibly wide as he starts stuttering over his words.

"I-I-I didn't mean to.....I-I just wanted t-t-to thank-k.......I'll just g-go or whatever, s-sorry--"

"If you wanted to kiss me you could have at least done it right" I cut off his nervous ramblings, leaning forward myself and placing my hand on the back of his head.