We walked up to the car and James immediately went on his side, leaving me to open my door. I got in and placed our trays in the back seat and strapped them so they don't fall. I looked out the window trying to hide my tears from him. The drive was silent. The only noises were my sniffling and James' heavy breathing. He was still mad.

We finally arrived home and James sped past me into our room. I placed the trays down on the table and asked on of the maids if she could put it somewhere where it won't spoil. I went up the stairs and into the bathroom where James was.

"James," I called. He didn't turn around. "I didn't do anything wrong. At least I think I didn't." I said.

"This is why I didn't wanna take you out." He said. "I knew you were gonna flirt with the first guy you see. You are such a whore."

"No I'm not." I defended. "I smiled at him. Just because I smiled doesn't mean I was flirting with him. You are unbelievable." I said and went towards our bed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him.

"You wanna say that again?" He asked staring down at me. "All I wanted to do was to take you out and have a good time but you ruined it." He let go off my arm pushing me back. I fell to the floor and I felt the dress rip. I didn't look him in the eyes. I would've start bawling if I did.

"Let me get out before I do something I'll regret later." He said walking over me. He slammed the room door and then I heard the front door slam too.

Tears then started falling down my eyes. Why is he acting like this? I stood up and took off my now ripped up dress. I threw it on the floor and didn't bother to pick it up. I took off my shoes and took out my hair and laid on the bed. Only in my undergarments. I shouldn't have been too quick to try to trust him. At the end of the day he's still the same person.

I was laying on the bed when I heard the front door open. It was James, I already knew it. I curled up into a ball and placed my head down. I heard his feet coming up the stairs. I heard him open the door.

He came in and took off his clothes. He sat on the bed and placed his hand on my shoulder. I flinched but then relaxed when I saw that he wasn't going to hurt me. I still stayed in my ball.

"Did you eat yet?" He asked. I shook my head. "I need words, Emery." He said.

"No, I'm not hungry," I said. I heard him exit the room.

A couple of minutes later, he came back. I uncurled from my ball to see that he had his and my tray from the restaurant earlier. He put the tray in front of me and handed me a fork.

"Eat." He said and sat down beside me opening his. I didn't want him getting upset so I opened my tray and started eating even though I had said otherwise.

It was really good but my night was already ruined. We ate in silence. I felt tears falling out of my eyes. I raised my hand to wipe it away. I really didn't want to cry in front of him. He'll probably get mad.

"Stop fucking crying and eat." He said. I then tried to hold in my tears. I wanna know what crawled up his ass because I didn't do anything wrong. I felt like crying right now.

I ate more faster to try to finish soon. As soon as it was empty, I grabbed in and threw it in the trash and laid down. I started to silently cry. I felt him lay down beside me. He placed his arm around me and pulled me to his chest.

"Turn around and look at me." He said in my ear. I obeyed and turned around. My head still down. "I said to look at me." He placed his index finger under my chin and lifted my head up for me to look at him.

"Why are you still crying? I'm not mad anymore so stop." He said, getting frustrated.

"I'm just so confused because you promised that you were gonna change for me. Yet, you're acting like this again," I said, wiping my tears. "Geez, I knew I shouldn't have been so quick to trust you."

"I'm sorry." He pulled me to his chest, hugging me. "You can trust me. This is hard for me - I've never changed for anybody. I'm really sorry." I nodded my head and placed my head further into his chest inhaling his scent.

"You forgive me?" He pulled me out of his chest and looked into my eyes. I nodded but still kept my eyes down. I was still pissed, for sure, but was glad he didn't hurt me. I don't know how to feel but what I do know is that I'm growing feelings for him and I really don't want to.

He leaned his head down and kissed my lips. At first, I didn't kiss back. He pulled away and caressed my cheek. He then leaned down and kissed my lips again. This time I kissed back. He deepened the kiss and tangled his hand in my hair. He laid me down on my head and hovered over me.

He stopped kissing my lips and leaned down and placed kisses on my neck. I moaned at the pleasure. I felt him smirk against my neck. I missed his lips on mine so I grabbed his face and pulled him back on my lips. He smirked against my lips and pulled away, looking into my eyes.

"You still mad? Are you still gonna stay mad at me?" He asked. I shook my head no and leaned up and gave him a small kiss on his lips.

He got up from on top of me and laid on his back. I placed my head on his chest and softly kissed his chin. He chuckled at that. My eyes started to get heavy.

"I love you, Emery." He said whispering. He loves me? James Marino is capable of loving. "You don't have to say it back because you probably don't feel the same way but I really do love you and I just want you to trust me. I'm sorry for disappointing you again," he said.

"It's fine, James. Just don't let it happen again, okay?" He nodded his head and I quickly fell asleep.

****************
Will Emery fall in love with him quickly than she thinks? Or will she keep her word a maintain somewhat of a distance?

How'd you feel about this chapter?

If you enjoyed this chapter, please comment and vote!

Thanks for reading! All love x