Chapter 39 - Pink hair

What's your favourite colour and why?

***

Pink Hair

**❤**

A week had passed since my date with Logan at the beach. I've only ever seen him twice in that week, and it was all little sneaky encounters we had whenever my parents were out and Gabriel invited him over. Logan could be in the game room in our mansion, or anywhere basically, and they wouldn't know since the place was so big. We kept in touch over the phone, and he hadn't missed a day of calling me at exactly ten pm every night.

Since I didn't have a bedtime curfew as I did when I was still sixteen, I was allowed to be awake after ten and roam around the mansion. The change in my parents was very noticeable since they got back from their trip. They were less strict towards me. My dad scolded me out less for small and dumb things, and my mom was more warm-hearted towards both me and the mansion's staff. It was clear that they felt guilty for being away for so long, so they were trying to make it up to us.

Everything was going perfectly, but my gut had a suspecting feeling that something bad was going to happened. I usually trusted my gut, but this time I tried my best to ignore the feeling. I didn't want to ruin what I had going on with both Logan and my family.

There was a week left of the summer holidays. I was both sad that school was so soon but also excited to start out the fresh school year and aim to do my best. I planned to have more fun in my senior year than the rest of my high school years, and this time I was sure I could do it. I wasn't the same as I was before. Nonetheless, I was still - unfortunately - oblivious, naive, shy, clumsy. . . Amongst other things. The significant change was that I wasn't so insecure about myself as I was before. Before the summer holidays, I criticised every single thing about my appearance and my actions.

The feeling I felt now was carefree and relieving. It felt amazing to feel good about my appearance and to appreciate and be grateful for who I was.

"Are you ready, dear?" My mom asked from behind me.