Chapter 29 - Insanity

Warning: abusive content and language. Please don't read if it'll make you uncomfortable.

Insanity

**❤**

The wind started to pick up, and the weather gradually became icy. My shivering frame was seated on the cold ground, with my back against Bella's car and my knees pulled up to my chest. Roughly fifteen minutes had passed since my phone call with Logan, and I was beginning to wonder if he was coming to pick me up at all.

Not only was I feeling emotionally overwhelmed with fear given the whole situation last night, I was also feeling absolutely angry at Bella for putting me in a situation like this. Had she not yet realised that I was missing from the VIP section, and gone to look for me, or even call me to make sure I was okay? She was my best friend, maybe even closer to me than Caitlyn ever was, but Caitlyn would never have done this to me. I couldn't believe Bella. It was going to take a few weeks for me to forgive her, or if I would even at all.

My eyes grew tired and for the second that I let it droop closed, I heard the sound of a car pulling up to the club. Even with my eyes closed, I could see the blinding light of the car's headlights. My eyes shot open in alarm, hoping that it was Logan and not a stranger that could possibly hurt me.

Logan technically hurts you, my subconscious reminded me. I tried to shove her way to the back of my head, and think positively, but I was finding it hard to do that given the reality of things.

I raised myself off the ground, bringing my hands out of my pockets and wiping away the remains of my tears. My eyes adjusted to the headlines as someone got out of the car. Just by his silhouette, I knew who it was. I basically wobbled towards the car, feeling half relieved.

"Fucking hell." I heard Logan voice, and relief flooded me.

He walked towards me, dressed in grey sweats and a black hoodie. If it wasn't for the situation, I would have been eyeing him up and down. I smiled when he came completely into view, but my smile slowly dropped noticing his almost livid expression. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the front seat, before opening the door and practically shoving me inside. My body hit the cold leather seats and flinched. After shutting the door closed loudly he rounded the car towards the drivers seat.

I bit my lip harshly, expecting the worst.

Instead I was met with silence once we were on the road. I looked towards him to see his jaw clenched tightly, and his fists strangling the steering wheel tightly. God, I didn't want to know the outcome of his anger.

"I'm sorry." Was the first thing I said. I was at a lost for words.

"Trust me, Sera. You're going to be so fucking sorry."

"What does that mean?" I asked, glancing at him with wide eyes.

Instead of replying, he turned the engine on and pulled the car away from the clubs entrance. When on the road, the car sped forcefully in the direction I knew was his apartment. I held onto the seat tightly and rested my head against the head rest, my eyes closing. My breathing became heavy when I realised the predicament I was in. I have been ignoring his texts for the last about 24 hours. I knew Logan well enough to know he would not react well to it. What was the worst he would do...?

Fear became increasingly present in me the longer I pondered over the question.

After everything, I still had no idea what to expect from him. I peeked a glance at him to see him completely stoic and indifferent, his eyes trained solely on the road and his shoulders stuff. It was as if I wasn't in the car at all.