Chapter 36 - Birthday girl

I will follow the first two people who comment, go!

***

Birthday girl

**❤**

The clock read six o'clock by the time more than half of my guest list arrived to my party. I was stood outside the double doors of the mansion, greeting all my family and friends alongside my parents. I was happy to see all my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Most of my cousins were older than me but I had a few younger ones who I loved to death. It was a pity I saw them all so little. Most of my family lived places outside of Seattle, and I had a few cousins who were European.

I had a huge smile planted on my face all the while, filled with happiness when everyone I cared for was in the same space. I think that we've done a good job on the decorations too, and the place was sparkling by the time we were done. All the finger foods were cute and everyone seemed to like it. I had a satisfied feeling settled inside me. I loved to make people happy and to have them be satisfied with me.

I was in the midst of looking for Gabriel, when I bumped into my mom. Gabriel had been missing for the past half hour and surprisingly, out of everyone at my party, he was the one I wanted to find. Call it instinct.

"Sera!" My mom exclaimed, a cocktail glass in her hand. "I'm so proud of you my baby." She placed a kiss on my cheek causing me to smile. I seriously missed my mom.

"Thanks, mom." I said in appreciation.

"You're growing up so fast and you've become such a beautiful young lady." She continued. "I'm so sorry that I wasn't here for the summer."

"Mom, don't sweat about that." I said seriously. "I'm okay, I promise."

With a deep sigh, she said, "I just feel so bad for being gone so long."

"I promise it's okay." I assured, reaching over to give her a half hug. My mom was a bit taller than me, but other than that I think that I inherited her height, that's why I was so short.

"Oh, yes, I almost forgot. There's a young man outside the mansion, asking for you. He wasn't on the guest list so security didn't let him in."

I gulped, nerves creeping up my spine. It couldn't be Logan. He would never have casually knocked on my door.

"Uhm, okay. What does he look like?" I asked warily.

"Dark hair, tanned, tall. Quite the looker actually." She winked. She basically just described Logan, which made me twice as nervous as before.

I couldn't help but blush too. I rarely spoke to my mom about boys, so it was weird. I only ever spoke to Bella and Caitlyn about boys, like my past crushes for example. But the topic of the opposite gender made me awkward so I always tried to avoid talking about it. Seeing my mom wink at me was super cringy.

"Okay, I'll go check it out." I said in a rush. I left her before she could respond, feeling too panicked that it could maybe be Logan. But if it was him, our security would have recognised him instantly.

I dodged people swiftly while scurrying towards the opened mansion doors. It was a bit dark outside, so I couldn't see clearly. When I got there, I noticed Jeremy standing at the entrance, blocking someone's way. When the person was revealed, much to my surprise, it was Clarke and . . . Parker?

"There she is. Thank God, Sera." Clarke said with a sigh of relief.

"Jeremy," I scolded. "Let him through."

"He wasn't on the guest list though." Jeremy said in defense.

"I thought I told Bella to put you on the guest list, Clarke," I said in embarrassment. "I'm sorry."