Chapter 54 - Therapy

Q: Would you be interested in reading bonus chapters in Logan's POV when this book ends?

*🌹*

Recap of chapter 53-

Sera is going through grief from Logan's supposed death. This chapter really portrays what the repercussions are of someone who was conditioned to be dependent on an abuser, as despite everything Logan has done, Sera still mourns his 'death' and cannot seem to overcome the pain. The chapter basically tells the story of how she is coping about a week after the events that took place in Logan's apartment, where Gabriel found out everything about their relationship. Sera is subsequently questioned by the police about her relationship with Logan, as they would wish to detemine whether Sera was sexually abused as well. Sera is questioning why her parents and brothers were keeping things from her, and why the police is pressing the matter even when Logan is 'gone'. She vows to find out what they are keeping from her.

***

New character aesthetics below🌹

*🌹*

*🌹*

~ Sera ~

"Dinner is ready."

I lifted my head from my lying position on my bed to find Bethany. She was standing at my opened bedroom door with her head peeping inside. I hadn't even heard her open the door, too consumed in my thoughts about what happened earlier today. About all the intruding questions that the detective woman had asked me. Why any of those questions mattered was beyond me, given there was no longer a perpetrator for them to lock away.

"I'm not hungry," I said immediately, turning my head away from her. She lured me out and into the open when I was feeling vulnerable and depressed, just so that the police could question me.

Silence followed my statement, and then I heard a small sigh. "Sera, dear, I'm really sorry about what happened earlier. Your parents wanted me to get you but I would not have listened to them if I didn't believe it was the right thing to do."

I shut my eyes and ignored her, placing my hands over my ears.

Moments passed before I felt the blanket being pulled away from my upper body. I sat up and tried to pull it back but was frozen when I saw Bethany's glistening eyes. She looked deeply saddened.