Chapter 12 - Apologies 2.0

Apologies 2

Apologies 2.0

**❤**

My blue eyes stared at Logan in absolute disbelief. Twice in one day. He hurt me earlier on too with his words, and I stupidly accepted his apology. And then he go and hurt me again with his temper outbursts. And now he was trying to apologise.

No.

"I can't explain to you how sorry I am." He began. "I was out of line and I had no right to react the way I did."

"You're crazy. Stay away from me." I trembled, pushing myself further into the headboard of my bed.

"I'm sorry..." He trailed off, his eyes clouding over and unknown emotion.

I said nothing and held my breath, waiting for his next move. I have never met anyone like him before. He was the latest edition to the boys I should stay away from. He was no better than that scum Gage Daniels. Everyone so far in my life had always been pleasant towards me, my parents made sure of that. The students and teachers at school loved me, my neighbours did too and so did every other person that I encountered. Having someone act the way he did towards me was terrifying. It was something new. And new things were scary.

"Listen, you can't tell Gabriel about what happened."

I stared at him in utter shock.

"W-What?"

"You will ruin our friendship. You know how he is over you, and if the day were to come I'm certain he would choose you over me immediately."

"Is this why you are apologizing?" I asked, my throat clogged up.

"No, not at all." He rushed quickly, his body moving to sit next to mine. I scooted further into the wall, fear engulfing me instantly. "I'm just scared of losing him."

"What's wrong with you, Logan? Why do you keep having these mood swings? They're scary." I whisper, remembering the dark look in his eyes. He seemed uncontrolled, as if he couldn't control himself. It was horrible. All the people standing around us in the kitchen were watching us with shocked eyes. I didn't have a doubt in my mind that someone had already told my brothers what had happened. Or they hadn't. Logan wasn't exactly someone you wanted to mess with.

I looked at him again. His eyes flashed darkly as unknown emotions rushed through them. His fists clenched tightly, the veins in his arms visibly showing as he breathed hard. I shut my eyes tightly in fear that he would snap again. My breathing was irregular as I felt a rough hand softly touching my cheek. His hand wiped my tears away slowly, almost feather-like, as if he would hurt me if he touched too hard. I didn't doubt that for a second.

"Don't cry, sweetheart." He whispered. "I'm not worth it."

"But you scared me."

"I know, that's what usually happens to people when I have one of my episodes."