Chapter 17 - Text messages

Text messages

**💙**

My body completely froze over, my breathing stilled and my heart skipped a beat. I stared ahead of me, wondering if it would be rude if I ignored him and pretended to not hear him. Since he was so occupied with a girl that looked just like me I doubted he would even care. I turned around slowly to see the blonde girl looking at me with wide eyes. She seemed almost just as surprised as I was to see her.

I felt my heart drop in my chest while looking at a lookalike of myself, leaning against Logan. Every moment that I shared with Logan suddenly felt void of anything, no emotion and no meaning. I was clearly just one of the girls he messed around with, I couldn't believe that he would stoop so low as to mess around with a girl that appeared to look just like me. It was all just some sick game to him. When he told me that I could call him whenever I was feeling sad I thought that he truly meant it. I was delusional for believing his lies, and I was clearly already forgotten by him.

It was funny how I couldn't stop thinking about him and he wouldn't think twice before forgetting all about me. I must have meant that little to him. It was obvious now.

"What are you doing here?" Logan asked, his voice hard. I turned my eyes to finally look at him after my stare down with my lookalike. When my eyes met his I physically took a step back at how much anger and frustration they held.

I couldn't find the words to answer his question. What else would I be doing here anyway?

"I....I-"

"You what?" He demanded.

"I was shopping obviously." I blurted, feeling annoyance bubble up in my chest. I was supposed to be mad at him, he had no right to be mad at me for absolutely no reason. I should have never followed that girl, this is what it lead to.

"Who are you?" The girl finally asked, her voice soft. "You look just like me." She said, her eyes seeming just as intrigued as mine.

I was about to answer, when Logan beat me to it. "She's no one of consequence."

I exhaled deeply and took another step back, as if he'd just physically punched me in the face. I couldn't stand to be around them anymore.

"Don't talk to me or contact me ever again." I said shakily.

"Leave, Seraphina." Logan said lowly.

"Gladly." I whispered, not waiting a second longer before turning around.

"Wait!" I heard the girl's voice say. I wanted to turn around, I really did because it wasn't everyday that you found someone who looked exactly like you. However, I couldn't stand to look into Logan's eyes while it held so much negative emotions towards me. For what reason I had no idea.

Then, I walked away. I rushed to go find Bella and Caitlyn, while a tear finally leaked from my eye.

**

"I can't believe him!" I sobbed, hugging my pillow tightly to my chest. "He promised he would message me but he hasn't contacted me for days, and while I was missing him he went and found another girl to mess around with!"

"Come on, Ser. It's really not that bad." Bella said, soothingly rubbing her hand up and down my back. I grabbed a tissue and blew snot into it. "Let's look at the bright side...you don't have to talk to him anymore and risk Gabriel finding out that you guys kissed and you can spare yourself the heartbreak because with a guy like him, you know that it's inevitable."

"But I really liked him." I admitted, sniffing into my pillow.

"I know, and that little crush you have could have only led you to heartbreak." Caitlyn said, sending me a sympathetic smile.