Chapter 2 - First encounters

First Encounters

First Encounters

**❤**

Bella's speeding car managed to get us to the party in a short amount of time, despite the long distance. I was afraid the entire car ride, fearing that we crashed into a tree or something.

Fortunately that never happened, but there was a close possibility.

"I can't believe I snuck out. Gabriel will kill me." I covered my face with my hands, only now realising what I had done. This was bad, this was really bad.

"Oh come on, what's the worst he or your parents can do?" Bella asked, not before scoffing to herself. The slow rumble of her SUV came to a stop as she turned the car off. She retrieved her purse from the dashboard and pulled a piece of gum out, handing it to me.

"Chew this. It helps with fear or anxiousness."

I took it from her, giving her a dry look.

"I've never been grounded before, Bells. They have threatened to take off all my technology, very important gadgets and even my favourite books when I finally get grounded! Who does that?" I asked in bewilderment. I mean, when teenagers are grounded their parents take away video games privileges or their cell phone. Not the most old fashioned thing to do. Read an actual book.

"Well then we should make this night worth it, so that in the end you will have no regrets. How's my make up?" She questioned looking at me.

"Doubtful." I shook my head of all negative thoughts and assessed her makeup. It was done professionally, as expected. Bella took makeup classes in her free time and always seemed to be watching makeup tutorials or reading magazines whose main topic was makeup. I wasn't a fan, and usually only wore makeup when I was bored and playing with my face.

"Perfect as always."

"I know." She winked. "Come on, Caitlyn should be waiting for us."

I nodded and followed as she unlocked the doors and got out. The temperature was decreasing as the days passed by here in Seattle. I didn't understand why, as it was late August. But I preffered the cold anyway, so I couldn't complain.

Caitlyn Hudson was another good friend of mine. She was part of the new cheerleading squad for our senior year, and she has been since freshman year too. Her liking to Bella and I would always be a mystery to me, as we were more on the less popular side of highschool. Both Bella and I were well known for whatever reason, but we never sat with the cheerleaders or jocks for as long as I could remember.

"And remember, Sera. You are about to shine over everyone in that party. Girls will look like shadows standing next to you."

I smiled at her compliment. "Shadows?"

"Yeah, dull and barely noticed."

I chuckled at her stated point. Sometimes I wondered if she said those things just to make me feel better, but years of being her friend had me realise the sincerity of her words.