Chapter 47 - He's back

He's back

He's back

**❤**

Entering school on a Monday morning with a huge smile was weird to most. I kept my face down towards the ground as I navigated my way through the school and towards my locker. It was 7:10am in the morning and I doubted my friends would be here this early given that the bell for homeroom went off at 8am.

I ended up retrieving some needed books from my locker before heading towards the library. Unfortunately, when I got there it wasn't open yet. On the other hand, a certain someone was standing by the door with his back faced towards me. I bit my lip and hesitated on approaching him, feeling bad for how I had been avoiding him for the past three weeks at school.

Turning around, I made the decision to walk away but was stopped by a voice.

"Seraphina?"

I shut my eyes tightly and sighed before turning around. I was so embarrassed to even look at him.

"Parker." I smiled when my eyes met his warm brown ones. He was so handsome in is school uniform and his blonde hair was neatly styled.

"How have you been?" He asked with a genuine smile. He was so friendly and kind to everyone, even towards me after I had avoided him. It has been three weeks since the start of school and in all of that time, Parker and I shared many classes together but I would go out of my way to make sure we didn't sit together or talk. At this point, I know he noticed.

At my seventeenth birthday party, I told him that I wasn't interested in him in that way and he said it was fine, as long as we could be friends which I agreed to. I looked like a liar now. He probably thought that I was so two-faced. He didn't know the real reason as to why I was avoiding him.

"I'm okay, thank you." I said meekly, fidgeting with my bag to distract myself.

"Cool, that's good to hear." He smiled.

Moments of silence passed before I realised something.

"Oh! I didn't even ask about how you are," I slapped a hand to my face and shook my head. "I'm so shallow."

"No, it's okay." He assured.

"It's not okay. Are you okay? I mean, do you feel good? Or how are you? How is Southernfield so far?" I rambled, feeling awkward. He wasn't awkward at all. It was me who was feeling embarrassed after I so obviously avoided being his friend.

"You are adorable," before I could process what was happening his hand was gently tucking my hair behind my ear. I froze, it being the first time that a male other than Logan touched me in this manner.

I stepped back instantly causing Parker's expression to fall. He stepped back too and began scratching the back of his neck. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. . ."