Chapter 37 - First dates

I decided not to let Sera call her dad 'daddy' because y'all have dirty minds. I can't even.

What's the most rebellious thing you have done before?

***

First dates

**❤**

Nerves were racing down my spine. Sweat was trickling down my forehead, and my head felt like spinning. I tapped my hands repeatedly against my jean covered thighs. Inhaling deep breaths, counting till three and then exhaling, I finally built up the courage after five minutes of standing outside my father's office, to finally enter the room. I pushed the mahogany doors open and spotted my father sitting at his desk, calmly rummaging through paper work.

"Hey, dad." I called, grabbing his attention. He looked up from his paperwork and smiled at me.

"Seraphina," he smiled so warmly, causing my racing heart to slow down. He was my dad, there was nothing to be uncomfortable about. I sighed. I haven't seen him for so long.

"I need to ask you something." I announced.

"Sure, anything?"

"Can I go out with Bella and Caitlyn today?" I blurted out in question, completely chickening out from what I really wanted to ask.

I wanted to ask him if I could go out on a date with someone I liked, because I didn't want to lie to my parents. However, I chickened out before I could.

"Of course you can, why are you asking?" He chuckled. "Do you need money or something?"

"Nope. I'm good. Thank you, dad." I smiled, before turning around and rushing out of this office. I released a breath.

There was no way I could tell my parents about Logan. Or about going out on a date. Gabriel couldn't even know. I was nervous and anxious for the afternoon, when Logan was to pick me up. I told Bella and Caitlyn all about my date, and they were super excited for me. I wasn't so sure about how Bella felt, but I knew that Caitlyn was excited for my part.

After my party, Bella and I went back to normal after out argument. She avoided talking about Logan, knowing that it was a sensitive topic for me. I couldn't blame her for being worried about me. I was being unfair and I was wrong, especially given the fact that she had everything to worry about. Logan was bad for me and somehow she knew. However, I believed that he could change. I saw the way he acted the day of my party. He wasn't harsh towards once. He was being sweet and thoughtful, and he promised me that he would see therapy.

When the time was right, I would tell everyone about us. I didn't want to keep him a secret anymore

"Wait, Seraphina." I turn around to see my dad stepping out of his office. Oh, no. He knows! I was being so obvious and clearly he knew I was going out on a date and not with Bella and Caitlyn.

"Y-yes?" I stuttered.

"Are you alright? It's just that I haven't seen you in months. How have you and Gabriel been?" He asked.

"I'm okay. Literally nothing happened here while you were gone," I lied, smiling hugely. I remembered that one time Gabriel and Sebastian threw a party. That wasn't nothing. "I did what I usually do. Gabriel went out with his friends and that's it. Bella and I went shopping a few times."

"Oh, alright. It's just that Jeremy told me that Gabriel had one friend who always came over. He didn't mention names though. Do you know who that friend was?"

I stepped back in surprise. That stupid Jeremy. "No," I shrugged, keeping it cool. "I haven't see any friend. I was in my room most of the time when he came over. I heard them talking but that's it."