Chapter 18 - Possessive threats

Possessive Threats

**❤️**

"See you tonight."

What was that supposed to mean? I lounged around whole day in my pajamas, went to the game room to play some Xbox and I even swam for a bit but nothing could take my mind off of the distracting thought of seeing Logan tonight. He wouldn't really come here, would he? All I knew was that Gabriel already spoke to our staff and told them that Logan was welcomed here, so what was stopping Jeremy, the gate controller, from allowing him access inside? Despite all of our security and the huge fence that surrounded the estate, I still felt unprotected and I hated feeling that way in my own home. What was worst than feeling unsafe in the confines of your home?

Hours passes since seven am and I haven't slept a bit after that. Something about Logan's words freaked me out, because I had absolutely no idea what to expect from him. Would he be the decent Logan that I had somtiems encountered or would he be dark and angry as he usually was? All these questions were giving me a headache, so I found myself in our cinema, cradling Mrs Puffs (my huge teddy bear) to my chest and hiding far beneath my blanket. I put the air conditioning on full blast since my blanket was warming me up and the temperature was warm as well, and I didn't want to part from it since it gave me some sort of coverage. I hugged Mrs Puffs tightly to my chest as my eyes stared at the huge TV screen that was currenly playing 'Power Puff Girls'.

The cinema was dark except for the light coming from the TV and I started to regret coming in here. The mansion was completely empty of any maids, cleaners or of Bethany. Ben was probably in the service quarters as well as Bethany, and I was alone in the eerie silence for two hours now. I wanted to stand up and get me Doritos or popcorn, but my brain kept imagining all these creepy things in the dark cinema.

I definitely shouldn't have come here.

My mind drifted off to the weird dream that I had of Logan. I couldn't shake that worried feeling off of me. Logan was absolutely bad news, I knew that since the day that Gabriel and I visited him and he acted so harshly towards that girl. Besides, he was in prison for three whole years. God knows what could have happened to him in there.

I glanced at my wrist watch to see that eight pm was nearing. Night was coming fast, and I was alone in this mansion. I fearfully removed my blanket and stood up, abandoning the cartoon. I was still in my pajamas and I have been wearing all kinds of pajamas all day. I gripped my teddy bear right to my chest as some sort of comfort, before I made my way thought the dark and out of the mini cinema. When I reached outside and into the lit hallway I immediately sighed in relief.

I walked through the silent hallways alone with Mrs Puffs, glancing at the many photoframes on the walls. When I reached the kitchen I made my way to my phone which was charging at an outlet near the fridge. When I reached it, I was surprised to see many messages on my lock screen. I unlocked my phone hastily to go through them, but I was surprised to see none from Logan. Maybe he already forgot all about me. Something about that thought made disappointment brew in my stomach, and I had no idea why. I was supposed to be afraid and a part of me was, but another part longed to indulge in Logan's darkness. To experience how toxic and menacing he could be. I opened Gabriel's message first, wondering what he had to say. I've been waiting for him to come home for two hours now.

Hey, baby sis. I know I said that I'd see you tonight but I won't be able to make it home....can't tell you why. I'll see you first thing tomorrow morning. If you're scared to sleep alone just ask Bethany or Isabella to stay with you. Love you- G

I stared at the message with wide eyes. No, this wasn't happening. I breathed in a long breath, contemplating my options. I had been waiting for Gabriel to get home all day, afraid that Logan would stick to his words and come by tonight, which was now. I felt myself begin to breath heavily, afraid to sleep alone tonight. I wanted to call Bethany to stay with me but I didn't want to disrupt her night. She was most likely in the service quarters which was also in the estate, but a bit far from the mansion. And the skies were darkening already.