Chapter 56 - The truth

Q: Out of curiosity, who would like to see a sequel of this book?

I'll be publishing Chapter 2 of Logan's short story on Monday. Stay tuned! (✿◡‿◡)

_________

The truth

The truth

~•❤️•~

~ Sera ~

Entering the mansion with Bethany by my side, the familiar scent of home enveloped me, and I let out a sigh. Though I had only been away for a little over an hour to visit Parker, I felt utterly drained-mentally, emotionally, and physically.

Gabriel and my parents were once again off to who knows where, their mysterious comings and goings a common occurrence.

"How was your visit to Parker?" Bethany inquired as we entered the kitchen. The aroma of food provided a small comfort, and I found solace in the thought of Beth's delicious cooking, slowly rekindling my appetite.

"It was good. Parker seems to be doing fine and appears much more healed compared to the last time," I replied, referencing my previous conversation with Parker about his injuries.

"I'm glad to hear that, Honey. He seemed like such a sweet boy when I met him on the day of your birthday party."

"He is. He's one of the kindest and most considerate people I've ever met," I told her. However, as I gazed down at the island counter, a wave of disheartening emotions washed over me.

Beth slid a bowl of pasta in front of me, bringing me a sense of relief. "Eat up," she encouraged.

I nodded and clasped my hands together for a silent prayer before raising the fork. The first bite of the creamy seafood pasta provided a small semblance of normalcy. "Thank you, Beth. This is one of my comfort meals," I said softly.

"Of course, Sera. Anything for you," she replied, ruffling my hair and offering a grin. When she pulled away, she added, "Oh yes, I forgot to mention, Bella called me while you were at Parker's."

I dropped my fork, looking at her in surprise. "Why?"

"She said your phone was turned off, but she really needs to see you."

I chewed the remainder of the food in my mouth slowly and gulped. "To be honest, my phone was turned off precisely to avoid Bella, Caitlyn, and anyone else attempting to contact me." I shrugged. "If my teachers wanted to let me know something, they'd contact my parents."

Beth sighed. "She really misses you."

"I know, and I feel horrible for what happened to her, but I can't stomach to see her, Beth. I think I'd puke if I saw her. Not after I found out about how she really feels about me." My mouth soured at the thought.