Chapter 42 - Close call

Question: Where did you find this book?

***

Close call

**❤**

"Seraphina?"

It was Gabriel. I gulped deeply and my wide eyes flew towards Logan. He motioned with his head towards the door, indicating for me to reply.

"U-Uh, yeah?"

"Sera, do you know where Logan is? I looked for him everywhere." He groaned in annoyance.

My heart began racing.

I breathed shakily and slowly moved away from Logan and off of the bed. I rushed to my closet to grab a robe and found the first thing I could take and threw it on. I turned to see Logan looking at me, almost amused. Was he crazy? Gabriel would kill him.

"Go!" I whisper-yelled, motioning towards the ensuite bathroom. He stood up and walked towards the bathroom, all the while staring at me emotionlessly. He grabbed our clothes off from the floor and took it with him.

"Sera?" Gabriel's voice sounded again, causing me to jolt in my spot. I walked towards the room door on shaky legs, turning around one more time to make sure Logan wasn't in sight.

I cleared my throat and unlocked the door. Gabriel shoved the door open, almost knocking me over. I stopped the door with my hands and groaned at the harsh force.

"Ow, are you crazy?" I asked, rubbing my hand.

"Where's Logan?" He asked, his eyes scanning my room before they landed on me. "Why are you wearing... That?" He asked. There was suspicion in his voice, and it only made my anxiety towards the situation so much worst.

"I-I was about to take a shower." I lied.

"Why? You haven't even eaten. Don't tell me you're skipping your meals?" He rose a brow.

"I'm not, I just forgot to eat." Lying had become so second nature these days.

"I told you specifically to come down and eat. Why haven't you eaten?" He asked in annoyance. "You're already too thin as it is."

I scoffed. "Okay, you can leave. No need to body shame."

"Sera," he stressed, before grabbing my shoulders. "Where's Logan?"

"How should I know?" I tried to sound annoyed to mask how nervous I was, but my hands were shaking. I've ran this scenario through my head countless times. I would lay in bed and wonder what it would be like if Gabriel or any of my family found out about Logan and I. None of my made-up scenarios had a good ending.

"Chloe said that she last saw him with you. And I looked everywhere." He stressed.

"He's not a child. Why are you so worried?" I asked curiously.

"He would always do this. We go out with some friends and stay over for the night and then he disappear, do some stupid shit and get himself into trouble and once again I have to put myself on the line for him."

My eyes widened. Instead of processing what he just said, I was highly aware that Logan could hear everything he was saying.

"Go look again! I'll help you." I said hastily, taking his arm and pulling him out of the room.

"Wait," he stopped me, and began sniffing the air. "It smells a lot like men's cologne in here. What's that smell?" He asked oddly.

"What do you mean?" I asked nervously. "I don't smell anything."