Chapter 43 - Back to school

Long chapter up ahead <3

Question: Who's your favourite character in the book?

***

Back to school

**❤**

It was back to normal again. The three months of the summer holidays was over and my life was about to resume back to the same old routine that it had always been in. Wake up in the morning, have Ben drive me to school, come home, do homework, have dinner, go to bed at ten pm, and then wake up and repeat the same process. The weekends were my off days, but I have never been one to go out and have fun.

I wasn't nearly as enthusiastic for my senior year as I thought I would be. I stared at myself in the mirror, analysing my body that was clad in my white shirt, high-waisted school skirt, and black transparent leggings. I held my blazer in hand and lifted it in front of me. It was size extra small. I frowned before pulling the sleeves on. I adjusted my tie and the rest of my clothes before sighing. I didn't grow at all. I was still lanky with size B breasts and slight curves.

It had only been three months.

I felt like I mentally changed a lot and for some reason thought that I would have physically changed too.

A knock sounded at my door, startling me. I heard Beth request to come inside before I answered her. I was in the process of trying my hair up when she entered my room.

"I packed your books and stationary. You're all good to go." She smiled.

"I said I would start to pack my own books from now..." I mumbled.

"Oh, my bad. It's a force of habit." She apologised.

I realised my behavior and rushed forward to hug her. "I'm sorry." I said, giving her a short but firm hug.

"For what?"

"For being mean just now, I didn't mean to sound so rude I just wish I could be treated more like. . ." I trailed off sheepishly.

"An adult?" She suggested.

I hummed in response and nodded.

"You're still a kid though." She chuckled.

I pouted. "This summer made me realise that kids my age are doing wild and bad things, and they're all grown up! They can drive, go places they want to, and they don't need a bodyguard."

"Bad things? What have you been doing this summer, Seraphina? And who taught you that being an adult means doing bad things?" She rose a brow. "It's infact the opposite. It means you're responsible, disciplined, brave, and able to make good decisions when it counts." She explained.

"I can do those things." I said in certainty.

"You're still afraid of spiders." She pointed out.

"Adults can have fears too."

"Touché." She smiled. "I guess you are a bit older now."

"See? Now can you please stop treating me like a little kid?" I pouted.

"Only if you prove yourself to be mature. . . "

"Deal?" I reached my hand out.

She took it. "Deal."

BEN dropped me off at school after I had breakfast with my parents and Gabriel. My heart was beating slightly faster than usual as I experienced the typical first day of the new grade anxiety. My hands fidgeted with my blazer all the way towards my locker.