Chapter 10

Billie walks into the green room, a big ass smile plastered on her face, that was until she locked eyes with me. Finn and Claudia looked at both me and Billie before walking out.

"Bil-," I started, but was cut off by Billie.

"No. Don't 'Bil' me. What the fuck Emilie? What are all those scars along you back and sides? And why didn't you tell me about them? And how did I not notice them earlier?" Billie stated, mumbling the last part to herself.

"You're making a bigger deal than there needs to be. It's been 2 years since someone else put a scar on my body, about 13 months since I put one on me," I say, getting up, and walking over to Billie.

She had a few stray hairs in front of her face, I brush them behind her ear with my hand.

"Bil, I promise it's nothing. I'm ok. Been ok ever since you convinced me to get off that ledge in Manhattan last year. You changed my life that day, I was still depressed, but I wasn't hurting as bad," I say, cupping her face and establishing eye contact.

A confused expression came across her face,

"Ledge?" She muttered. A rush of disappointment came across me.

She doesn't remember.

I open my mouth to speak but there was a knock on the door and than Finn appeared through the door.

"Show's in 5 minutes, come on," he said, backing away from door and shutting it closed.

"We'll talk about this later,"  she says, grabbing a few of her things.

"I won't be here, it's my last day, Billie, you know that," I reply, feelings tears form in my eyes. She opens her mouth to say something but quickly closes it and walks out the door, leaving me alone in the green room. It was 11 PM, my flight is at 2.

I guess this is goodbye then.

I grabbed my bag with all my gym equipment and walked out the green room. I saw Finn and Claudia, laughing and talking with Billie. They all looked at me and I walked over to them.

"Uh, I have to get going," I say, fighting back the urge to form tears. Finn and Claudia nodded and engulfed me in a hug, they pulled away and had sad smiles plastered on their faces. We said our goodbyes, then came Billie.

"So this is it," Billie says, walking up to me.

I simply nod, I knew my voice would crack if I tried to talk. I didn't know that it would be this hard to say goodbye to someone I've only known personally for 2 weeks.

She took my hands and held them, looking into my eyes.

Those eyes will be the death of me.

I saw something in her eyes that I haven't seen in awhile in Billie's eyes: sorrow.

"There, that look again, I'll never forget, even if you did; I won't," I say in a near whisper. She closed the gap between us, smashing her lips into mine, but she calmed down after our lips connected. It wasn't desperate or lustful. She pulled away, looking into my eyes,

"I didn't forget, and I never will," Billie whispered then pulled away from me, when Maggie came up from behind us and told Billie that it's time to go on.

I turned her head so we were looking at each other, for the last time probably. I smiled at her, seeing her slightly blush.

"Go fuck this shit up, you have tens of thousands of people, out there waiting for you. Go. I'll always be here. Finneas will always be there for you, he'll protect you since I can't. I hate saying goodbye, so this isn't a goodbye, more of a 'see you later'." I felt a tear go down my cheek, but I didn't bother wiping it, I didn't care. Billie smiled, sniffling, but smiling.

"Billie. Billie. Billie," The crowd chanted.

We laughed, and then she said, "See you later, Stone. Go make the world your bitch." I laughed.

"Could say the same for you, Eilish. You are taking over the fucking world," I replied. She smiled then ran on stage and started talking. I smiled at the sight of her doing what she loves. Maggie comes behind me and puts her hand on my back. I turn around and hug her, "I'll see you later, Mrs. O'Connell," I say, on the verge of tears.

"Emilie, please for the love of god, call me 'Maggie'," she says, laughing.

"Maggie it is," I say laughing, pulling away.

"See you later, sweetheart."

I walk away from Maggie and bump into Patrick.

"Hey Emilie, you going now?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'll see around, Patrick," I say, hugging him. I pull away and head to the security room,  seeing everyone.

"I'll see you guys around," I say to the team. They all hug me and then pull away, leaving just me and Sully, alone. I give him my ear piece and I see him start to tear up.

"I always liked you, Stone. I'll miss you," he says.

I smile at him and start to walk out the door,

I walk back to the stage, seeing Billie and Finneas singing their hearts out. Claudia comes up behind me.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah," I respond. Then Billie looks over at me and smiles.

"Cut the music, cut the fucking music." The music stops abruptly and Billie looks back over at me.

"There is a special girl in my life. She saved my life, and I saved hers last year. And she's leaving, I don't want her to, but she is one stubborn motherfucker let me tell you..." Everyone laughed, then Billie continued. "But this is what she wants, and I only want her to be happy. Everyone please make some noise for my now-ex bodyguard-, Emilie fucking Stone!" The arena was filled with yelling and chanting and clapping. Then Billie motioned me onto stage. I hesitated at first, and then looked at Claudia. She pushed me onto the stage and I walked over to Billie. She handed me the mic.

"Hi, as most of you know, I'm Emilie. I saved her life one day and then my life completely changed. I've only know this little softy for about 2 weeks, personally. I signed myself up for Billie's bullshit, so now her bullshit is my bullshit. At least it was.

Billie, you are an amazing human being, who is talented, kind, and not to mention fine as hell. Continue taking over the world, changing lives 1 by 1. And since I won't be there to protect you, Finneas, Claudia, you guys..." I motion to the crowd. "...protect her for me so I can peacefully sleep, knowing that Billie is safe and protected. I love you all," I finish, handing the mic back to to Billie. The arena was silent and still, until the audience erupted in clapping. Billie hugged me, burying her face into the crook of my neck, placing small, light kisses on my neck, where no one can see. Sending shivers down my spine. I pulled away and waved to the crowd, one last time.

I walked off stage and Claudia hugged me almost immediately. "Let's go to the airport now, you can still make it to your flight." I nodded and we headed to the busses to get my bag of clothes that I packed yesterday. Then getting into an Uber that Claudia ordered.

***

The Uber pulled up to the airport and I still had about an hour and a half till my flight. I rushed out of the car and Claudia followed, helping me with my bags.

"Where are you going anyway?" She asks.

"I booked a flight to LA, always wanted to go anyway," I reply. "Just please don't tell anyone, let them all think I'm going back to New York," I say, walking over to where Claudia can't go any farther. She nods and hugs me. She smiles at me and then heads back to the Uber and drove off.

I went through security and headed to my gate with 30 minutes to spare. I sat down and sighed. A few minutes passed, other flights being called, then a really pretty girl comes and sits next to me. She had caramel skin, soft dark brown eyes, dark curly hair. She was wearing a white cropped hoodie, blue skinny jeans, and white adidas superstars.

"Hey, I'm Olivia."

Ah fuck.