Chapter 117

Prom

"I want to wear a blue suit but I feel like that's so boring," I complain to Shay.

"And that, little sister, is why you have me. Now what you can do is go with a really dark navy suit with a black shirt or go with a lighter shade and wear white loafers," Shay says, showing me the suits she designed in class.

The dark navy blue suit had a plain navy blue dress pants and the blazer was made of velvet and had designs of wave like structures all over it in a different shade of navy. The lighter blue suit was just plain.

"I like the darker one but the design is throwing me off," I tell her.

"I might be able to do a dark blue suit with black lepells and a velvet 3d design with plain pants, but I'd have to start now," Shay tells me.

"Let's get on it," I say and she smiles while pulling out her tape measure.

~

"Shay, I gotta go, is it ready?" I ask running into her room. She was removing the last safety pin as it rested on a mannequin. "Shay, it's so beautiful, I love it so much. The detail, wow!"

"I really like how it came out," Shay says. "Now hurry up and put it on, you have to go, right?!"

I just pick up the entire mannequin to my room and carefully take it off and put it on. While I was waiting, I had taken a shower and did my hair to be a little wavy. I put on the pants and tuck my black button up into it and put a belt. I put on the blazer and attach my custom cuff links. I quickly put on black suede loafers and accessorize with an Audemars Piguet watch and some rings and chang my earrings for a few of my piercings. I spray my perfume and there's a knock at my door.

"Shay, it literally fits so well-," I say as I open my door. "You look beautiful, wow. Just so gorgeous."

Billie stood in front of me with a light blue dress showing off her body in all the best ways with a slit going down from by the hip.

"Hey you," Billie smiled at me. "You look amazing."

"Says you," I mumble, pulling her towards me, "you're perfect, Bil. Just absolutely perfect."

Billie giggles and wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me in for a kiss. I tighten my grip on her waist. She pulls away, wiping away the gloss from my lips.

"We should get going," I smile. "But first, pictures."

We walk out my room and I hand Shay my phone to take a picture of Billie and I. We pose a few different ways until there were knocks on my door. I open the door and there stood Lauren, Claudia, Finneas, Rylie, and her date.

"Look at my little Emilie, so grown up," Lauren wiping away tears that weren't there to begin with before embracing me in a hug. "Are you excited?"

"Extremely."

We take some more pictures until it was time to go.

"Y'all stay here, Billie, Rylie, Mai, and I are gonna go to prom," I say, pushing everyone to the couches. "Oh, before I forget," I say to myself, running to my room and coming back to the living room with the little cardboard box.