Chapter 60

"Yo you coming over?" I say to lauren.

"I scrapped the lyrics. Didn't like them and i'm rewriting them now. I'll have them ready in about 2 days," she says. "Sorry dude."

"Nah it's fine. Hey do you think I should let Tyson stay with me? It only seems fair right?" I ask.

"Whatever you want. He's going to be here soon. So if he's staying with you, find a place for him to stay, otherwise, book that hotel room," she says.

"Yeah you're right," I say. "Alright dude. I gotta go try on my suit, I'll talk to you later."

"Bet," she says, hanging up.

I get up from my bed and walk over to my walk in closet and pull out the suit. I put it on along with the shoes and all my accessories. I look in the mirror.

I wanna cut my hair. Like full on shave the sides and back and leave the top curly.

After checking how I look in the mirror, I take everything off and put it all carefully back. I change into a white v-neck and pastel yellow sweatpants. I take a pastel yellow bomber jacket I have and put it on. I put on custom Nike Air Max 90's where the swoosh and back are pastel yellow that a fan shipped out to my P.O. box.

I grab my phone, keys, and red beats and leave my house.

I've been heading to training with the Jessie Graff for the red nose American Ninja Warrior thing. I've shown a lot of progress, according to her.

I pull up in front of the gym and park my car.

~

I step out of the shower and get dressed in grey sweatpants with a white shirt and a flannel.

The event is on the 25th, the day before the grammys.

I had already booked a room for Tyson at a hotel for the days he's staying. I've completed all my homework and I'm bored.

Finneas calls me.

"Yo," I say.

"Hey Emilie. I'm not sure if Billie told you, but we were given the opportunity to write the song for the next 007 movie!" He says.

"What?! That's amazing dude. You guys deserve it," I say.

"Yeah but I actually need your help. We have the lyrics all done I just can't figure out the chord progression. Everything that comes to mind just isn't working with what Billie and I have in mind," he explains.

"And what does that have anything to do with me?" I ask.

"Billie and I were wondering if you would help us out," he says.

"Yeah of course! Come by. I don't really feel like driving," I laugh.

He laughs too. "We're on our way."

I hang up and wait for them to come.

~

Billie jumps onto my bed while Finneas finds himself a chair to sit closer to me.

"Ok, can I see the lyrics you guys got?" I ask.

Finneas hands me the papers and I read over them. In my head, I sing it in a specific tone and mood.

I give the papers back to Finneas and I turn towards my keyboard. I put my fingers on the correct keys and play them.

I really liked what I was playing and I guess so did Finneas and Billie because they were nodding.

I finish and ask them what they thought.

"It was perfect, baby," Billie says, smiling.

"I love it," Finneas says.