Chapter 13

Hazel's POV

"It's the Crain house," said John B as we got out of the van.

"Are you kidding me," said Kiara.

"Why'd it have to be here," said Pope.

"I heard that mrs. Crain buried her husbands head on the property," said JJ.

"And the fact that I believe you, is even more scary," I said. I've never seen Mrs. Crain, but from the stories, I don't want to see her. We all started to walk closer to her house.

"Honestly I don't believe the stories of this place," said John B as we kept walking.

"Which stories did you hear?" Asked JJ.

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since," said Kiara.

"Some nights you can see her shadow in the window," I said sneaking up on JJ.

"I swear to god guys, this is all real," said JJ as he brushed me off of him. "I knew Hollis."

"Wait, you knew Hollis Crain?" Asked Pope. "How'd you know her?!"

"She was my babysitter man. She told me all about it. Told me the truth about her mother and what happened in this house," said JJ.

"Okay then tell us," I said.

"Okay, so as a kid, she heard all the stories about how her mother killed her father, and how her mother was a murderer," said JJ. "Hollis didn't believe it. Until that night."

"What night?" Asked John B.

"When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in the sink... full of blood. Her mother just said that she cut her finger, then the next morning, she says her father and her split up. Weeks pass and Hollis decided to use the outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down, and in the outhouse, is her fathers head looking straight back at her," said JJ.

"You're full of shit," said John B as he started to walk ahead.

"Wait!" Said JJ as he grabbed John B back. "You sure you want to do this? She is an axe murderer and you have a cast on."

"I don't give a shit if she is an axe murderer. I got nothing to lose. You coming or what," said John as he walked away.

"Oh my god we are going to die," I said as I followed John B along with the others. We kept walking when John B stopped and crouched down.

"Okay so here is the plan. We look for the wheat near the water," said John B.

"What kind of water? Like pond water?" Asked Pope.

"Bong water?" Said JJ.

"No, it just said look for water," said John B.

"That is the shittiest secret message ever," said Kiara as she stood up and walked away.

"What is it with people just walking away today," I groaned as I stood up as well.

"You want to complain a little more, Kie? Nobody said it was going to be easy to find this thing," said John B as he followed her.

"Me and Hazel will search the northeast quadrant, you search the northwest," said Pope to JJ.

"Decapitation quadrant!" Said JJ and me and Pope left him.

"Have you told JJ about earlier?" I asked Pope.

"No, why?" Asked Pope as I followed him.

"No reason I just kinda want it to keep it a secret," I said.

"Will do," said Pope as we kept walking. Mrs. Crain really needs to mow her lawn.

"Hey guys! Over here!" Said John B as he waved everyone over. "It's the only place we haven't looked." I walked over to him and it was a little opening under the house. John B went in first followed by Kie. I went in after Kiara, then Pope and JJ.

"Gross," I said as I looked around. Everything was filled with cop webs.

"Down came Mrs. Crain and cut off all our heads," sang JJ from behind us. "Up came the sun and dried up all the blood."

"Can you stop," said Pope.

"See any water?" Asked Kiara as we all looked around.

"There is not even water on the pipes," said JJ.

"There is no water here," I said as I stopped walking.

"Know why we didn't find it?" Said Kie. "Bad Karma."

"Oh god, here we go," said John B. Me and JJ walked over to where Pope was standing to watch the show.

"You know, we had a good thing going. Then you decided to rope in Barbie, and now the trails gone dry," said Kiara.

"This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you about Sarah. What the hell is the deal with you two?" Said John B.

"Nothing," said Kiara.

"Nothing? Is it because I kissed you? Is that the problem?" Said John B. Kiara then brought her palm to John B's face and slapped him.

"Oh shit!" Me, Pope, and JJ all said in the background. That did not just happen!

"Stop treating me like I'm some girl that's obsessed with you instead of your best friend who's actually trying to look out for you," snapped Kiara. This is the most angry I think I have ever seen her.

"Did you just hit me?" Said John B.

"Skeeter," said Kiara as she held up her palm to show the bug. That's when I realized that there were actually a lot of mosquitoes.

"Skeeter?" Asked John B as he then slapped Kiara.

"Hey!" Said JJ.

"John B!" I said as I started to walk over to them but Pope held me back.

"Let them be," Pope whispered. I scoffed. John B just hit her and Pope wants me to let them be. Pope kept his hand on my arm so that I wouldn't walk over to him. I just rolled my eyes as I kept listening to John B and Kiara.

"Where is your proof?" Asked Kiara.

"Skeeter," said John B as he held up him hand.

"Oh wait, there is one more right there," said Kie as she slapped JB's arm.

"And here," said John B as he did the same to Kie. I started to slap my own arms from the bugs.

"Why are there so many," I said as I slapped my shoulder. Pope remover him hand from me so that he could slap himself from the bugs as well.

"There is a freakin swarm in here," said Pope as he jumped around. "Why are there so many mosquitoes in the basement."

"I know, seriously, Tiny vampire bats, just leave me alone," said JJ. Pope then put his flash light to something.

"What?" I asked him. He just pushed me as side and kept going to something. He then stomped on the ground and it sounded hollow. I then grabbed a pebble and threw it down a tiny hole where Pope was standing. The pebble get falling until I heard a splash. Me and Pope just looked at each other as we tried to get this thing open.

"What are you guys doing?" Asked John B.

"Help us move this," whispered Pope. Everyone started to help move the floor boards away. Once we got enough out of the way, we all looked down. It was a big well thing.

"They built the house right over it," said Kiara.

"This is where she hides the bodies," said JJ.

"JJ stop," I said.

"We found water," said Pope with a smile as he looked up at John B.

"We are going to need a really big rope," said John B. We actually found where the gold is. I looked around at the others with a smile on my face as I held Popes hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leave me some recommendations if you would like!

Also thanks so much for the support on this story!