Chapter 12

Hazel's POV

We were in the van on our way to another mission. Once we got to the Hawks Nest, we opened the doors and we were about to go out when John B stopped up.

"So... I think I'm going to do this one by myself," said John B.

"Really?" Said JJ.

"I just don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery," said John B.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her in this at all," said Kiara.

"Kie, we aren't involving her," assured John B.

"JB, we are involving her because she now knows where the gold could be," I said.

"It's just like a business meeting thing," said John. "Once we get what we need, we cut her loose. Plus we need the map."

"Promise me nothing's happening between you two," said Kiara.

"Nothings happening," said John B.

"That was really believable," said JJ.

"A hundred percent believable," said Pope. I nudged him to shut up. This wasn't the time to correct things.

"Anyways... I'm going to take care of business," said John B as he left the car.

"Kiara you hold on to a lot of grudges," I said.

"Can you guys just shut up about her," snapped Kie. "John B already talk about her enough." I just stared at her I shock. I turned to Pope in awe. He just shrugged it off.

"Have you guys done it yet?" Asked JJ out of the blue.

"Huh?" Asked Pope.

"You and Hazel. You have sex yet," smirked JJ. Pope just coughed uncomfortably.

"JJ for your information, no we haven't. And if we do, we sure as hell won't tell you," I said.

"Alright then, fine. I want to know one thing though. I know that Pope is a virgin, but are you?" Asked JJ with another smirk. Pope just stared at me curious for my answer.

"Freshman year," I said.

"Wait really?" Said Pope. "I didn't know that..."

"Aww! Are Popes feelings hurt!" Laughed JJ.

"Wait stop!" Yelled Kiara. "Do you hear that?" I listened to what Kiara said, and I did hear something.

"That sounds like Sarah yelling help!" I said starting to panic. We all got up and jumped out the van. We ran to where we heard the yelling, and all I saw was John B on the ground with Sarah trying to wake him up.

"Sarah, what happened!" Yelled Pope as we ran up to them.

"I don't know what to do," cried Sarah. "Topper shoved him."

"Where the hell is he?" Asked JJ in anger.

"Someone! Call somebody! I don't have my phone with me," I said.

"Pope go back to the van and call someone!" Said JJ. Pope nodded as he ran back.

"Pope hurry!" Yelled Kiara.

"John B stay with me," said Sarah as she kissed John B. I hung my mouth opened. He really was macking on her.

"Pope!" I called out to him to hurry up.

It was the next day and John B was in the hospital. We all visited him earlier, but he wasn't awake yet so we left. Now it was just me and Pope at my house alone. My parents we were working like they always are. I never see them that much anymore.