Chapter 24

Hazel's POV

After we got away from Kiara's mom, Kie drove us to JJ's dads place. He had to get the key to the phantom.

"Home sweet home," said JJ sarcastically as we pulled into the driveway.

"Do you want me to come?" Asked Kiara. I watched from the backseat. I may be crazy, but I see some unspoken feelings between these two.

"No," said JJ. "This will only take a second." JJ grabbed his backpack and made his way to his house. He looked back at us before entering. Once JJ went inside, I turned to Kiara.

"What the hell," I laughed. She looked back at me confused.

"What?" She asked.

"Don't act like I didn't see that," I said. "You totally have the hots for him."

"Hazel, no I don't. I'm just trying to be a good friend," she said.

"When he looked back at us, you smiled," I said.

"That doesn't mean anything!" Kiara said.

"Whatever, but when you two get married. I'll say I told you so," I said.

"Speaking of that, what happened between you and Pope?" Asked Kiara.

"I don't know. I don't think he likes getting yelled at, so when I yelled at him he got really hurt by it," I said. "He is just being stupid."

"Hopefully you two work it out cause I like you two together," laughed Kiara.

"Me too," I said. Me and Pope haven't been dating for that long, but we have been friends for as long as I can remember. If we break up, I don't want our friendship to be ruined because of it.

"Hazel, don't beat yourself up. Pope did this to himself. He'll come around again," said Kie.

"I know it just that he is so stubborn! What if he never talks to be again," I said. I knew I was over exaggerating, but it could happen.

"If he doesn't talk to you ever again, then he is stupid. All you did was yell at him because he was high, and he deserved to be yelled at," said Kiara.

"It would be pretty stupid," I laughed. For the rest of the time, we waited in the car in silence. It was nice though. I don't remember the last time I had full silence. I looked up to the sound of JJ getting in the car.

"How'd it go?" Asked Kiara. She totally had the hots for him. JJ held up the key.

"Aye! You got it!" I said.

"Yes I did," said JJ as Kiara drove off. As we drove to the Phantom I saw Kiara start to freak out.

"It'll be fine with the Phantom," said JJ trying to calm Kiara down. Suddenly, cop cars came towards us.

"Woah," I said as me and JJ ducked down. Kiara obviously still had to keep driving. Once they pasted, me and JJ sat back up.

"They are still looking. That a good sign," I said. After the cop cars, Kiara was more on edge, so she didn't talk for the rest of the ride. Once we made it to where the Phantom was held, she seemed to calm down more. JJ then opened the shed doors to where the Phantom was held.

"There she be," said JJ. "A 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The phantom."

"She is bigger then I remember," I said.

"Last time you saw her you were probably a couple inches shorter," said Kiara. She did have a point.

"She was the first boat to make a run to Bermuda in under 16 hours, guys," said JJ. "This thing is forty years old!"

"It's kinda of a junker," Kiara said. I nudged her slightly. JJ was having his moment and she kinda ruined it.

"Really? She is right there Kie. She can hear you," said JJ causing me to burst out in laughter. "Come on! You two would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed," continued JJ.

"I just hope it runs," said Kiara.

"Oh no, she'll run," said JJ. Motorcycles were heard in the distance coming towards us.

"Pope finally!" I said as me and Kiara walked over to the entrance of the shed. Instead of Pope walking in, it was Rafe. Me and Kiara stopped in our tracks.

"Hey there. What's going on?" Asked Rafe. "How you guys doing?" Me and Kiara turned around and walked back to where JJ was. On the other side of us Barry approaches us. Where the heck did he even come from?

"Well well," said Barry as he took out a gun and aimed it at JJ. "Don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road. I want my motherfucking money back." That was the last draw from Barry because he slammed JJ to the ground.

"JJ!" Yelled Kiara as she tried to help only to be pulled back by Rafe. Since Rafe was occupied with her, I went to help JJ.

"That's what i'm here for!" Yelled Barry as I tried to pick him off of JJ. He was a lot stronger than me though. Barry stood up and grabbed me by the arm.

"Hey Hazel, where is John B?" Asked Barry.

"I don't know!" I said as I tried to kick him off of me, but it didn't work. He let go of me though to kick JJ back to the ground. I then went over to Rafe because he was still holding onto Kiara. His back was turned towards me, so I kneed him right in the middle of the back. It stunned him enough to let go of Kiara. He the turned around to face me.

"You shouldn't of done that," he said as he grabbed me.

"I know what you did," I said.

"What? What did I do?" He said.

"You murdered Peterkins!" I yelled. He let go of me and I turned away and saw that Barry stopped harassing the other two. That was short lived though, because Rafe put his hand around my neck.

"Don't you ever say those fucking words again," Rafe said.

"Stop," I said as I gasped for air. He kept chocking me though.

"Where's John B!" Rafe yelled.

"I-I don't know!" I said.

"Where is John B!" Yelled arcade repeating himself.

"I don't know. I don't know!" I said repeating myself over and over again. I was cut off by yelling and Rafe falling to the ground. I looked up and there was Pope holding a crowbar. He just fucking saved me.

"Don't touch her!" Pope yelled as he kept hitting Rafe with the bar. Rafe then got back up and hit the crowbar out of Popes hand and punch him. I watched as the two dudes had a fist on fight. I then looked over and saw the Rafe was approaching us with a gun, but that was short lived once JJ grabbed his foot causing the gun to go flying out of his hands.

"Kie! Kick it!" Yelled JJ. Kiara went over to the gun and kicked it under the boat so that Barry wouldn't get it. JJ then got up and fought Barry leaving me and Kie stuck in the middle watching two fights go down.

"Pope!" I said. Pope was beating the shit out of Rafe right now. "Pope you are going to kill him!" JJ and Barry stopped fight and JJ went up to Pope.

"He's had enough dude," said JJ. Pope put this rope thing around Rafe's neck and started to chock him.

"Snap our of it dude!" Said JJ.

"Pope stop!" I yelled. "You are going to kill him!" JJ went behind Pope and pulled him back from Rafe. Once Pope was off of Rafe he just looked up at me with fear in his eyes. I don't think he expected to go that crazy on him.

"Okay, we gotta go. We gotta go," said Kiara. Kiara and JJ went back to the car while I stayed back with Pope.

"Stay off the cut," said Pope before he walked away causing me to follow him.

"What am I going to do with you, Pope," I said under my breathe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you guys think should happen with Hazel and Pope?
Should Hazel forgive him?

Also thank you guys for 1.8 reads!