Chapter 10

Hazel's POV

It was the next day and me and Pope were already at Heyward's. We were waiting on JJ and Kiara to come. Popes parents are also here because we have to tell them about us dating. I already told my mom late last night.

"So what's happening?" Asked Popes mom.

"We have to tell you something," said Pope.

"You guys are dating aren't you," said Heyward.

"Yeah..." I said as I laughed nervously. Popes mom immediately attacked me into a hug.

"I'm have been waiting for this moment forever!" Squealed his mom.

"You better not hurt her son," said Heyward.

"Dad!" Said Pope embarrassed. "I won't."

"Wait! You guys are dating?" Yelled JJ as he and Kie came inside. Pope's parents then went off to whatever they need to do.

"Kie didn't tell you?" I said. JJ looked at Kiara hurt.

"You knew?!" Yelled JJ.

"Yes," laughed Kie. "I found out last night."

"What happened to the whole rule?" Asked JJ as he looked between me and Pope.

"That rule sucked," said Pope as he began working on some stuff. I started to help him a little as Kiara and JJ had a conversation about who knows what.

"Hey Pope someone is here to see you!" Said Heyward as he came up to us. Pope looked at me and I just shrugged since I didn't know who this was. Officer Shoupe came in after Popes dad. I looked back at JJ, Pope definitely just got caught.

"E-Evening Officer," stuttered Pope.

"Arrest warrant for felony destruction of property," Shoupe said. Shoupe pushed me out of the way and put hand cuffs on Pope.

"What did he do?" Asked Heyward.

"You are just arresting him?" Asked Kiara.

"Be careful!" I said.

"How much did they pay you?!" Said JJ as Shoupe started to walk away with Pope. We all walked behind them.

"He didnt do anything?" I said. Shoupe ignored me and kept walking. I looked at Popes face and instantly felt bad. His whole scholarship, future just went down the drain. We all kept yelling at the officer all the way to the cop car.

"It wasn't him!" Yelled JJ before Pope could get into the car.

"What?" I said in disbelief. I was obviously there so I knew it was Pope. JJ glared at me and that's what I realized what he was doing. Covering for Pope.

"It was me," said JJ. "He tried to talk me out of it but I was mad cause he was just beaten up. I was so sick of those assholes from figure eight that I lost my shit. I can't let you take the blame for something that I did."

"JJ what are you doing?" Said Pope. Me and Kiara just looked at each other. This was actually happening.

"I'm telling the truth," said JJ. "For once in my goddamn life, I'm telling the truth." Shoupe kept looking between Pope and JJ. "I even took his old mans boat too," continued JJ.

"What the hell," said Heyward.

"He is a good kid and you know where I'm from," said JJ.

"That the whole truth?" Asked Shoupe to Pope.

"Whole truth. Swear to god," said JJ.

"I know what you think!" Yelled Shoupe. "I'm asking Pope here."

"Yeah... whole truth," said Pope. I sighed in relief. Even though JJ is getting taken in, at least Pope isn't. He's got to much to lose. Shoupe took the hand cuffs off of Pope and put them on JJ. JJ was then put into the car, and they drove off. Pope just stood there stunned. I walked up to him and hugged him. He quickly let go of me though and threw his hat to the ground frustrated. He then proceeded to run away.

"I'll go after him!" I said as I ran the way he went. I followed him the best I could, but he was a fast runner. I did the best following I could, and ended up at the dock. I looked around for Pope, and luckily found him at the way end.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I sat down beside him.

"No," said Pope. "I'm not okay. JJ told the blame for something I did!"

"He was just trying to help you. You have to much to lose and I don't want to sound mean, but he really doesn't," I said.

"But he didn't have to do that!" Said Pope.

"Exactly, he didn't have to but he did," I said. I looked at Pope and he turned his head to me. He then grabbed me into a hug and cried on my shoulder.

"It's okay Pope," I said as I rubbed his back.

"I just feel guilty," said Pope.

"Pope look at me," I said as I grabbed his shoulders and pulled him off of me. "You shouldn't feel guilt about anything. It was JJ's idea in the first place to sink Toppers boat. He is just being a good friend," I said.

"Thank you," said Pope as he wiped his tears away and smiled. "Your the best girlfriend ever."

"I'm your only girlfriend," I laughed.

"We don't tell people that," laughed Pope.

"Oh my god Pope," I laughed.

"I should probably head back and help my dad with Midsummers," Pope said.

"Wait that's tonight?" I asked. It was already time for midsummers? Since when?!

"Yeah," said Pope as he stood up. He held out his hand to help me.

"What a gentleman," I said. "So should we go now?"

"Wait your coming with?" Asked Pope confused.

"Yeah my mom wants me to help you and your dad," I groaned.

"Now I finally get a partner my age!" Laughed Pope as we made our way back to Heywards.

"Pope there you are! You can't just run off like that especially after you just got arrested!" Yelled Heyward as we walked back inside the shop.

"Sorry Dad," said Pope.

"It's fine," said Heyward. "Hazel, you still helping?"

"Yep!" I said as I put on my apron that Pope tossed to me.

"Okay, I already packed everything into the truck while you guys were doing who knows what," said Heyward as he walked outside.

"He is so embarrassing," groaned Pope as we made our way outside.

"I could careless," I said as Pope went to open the door. Since Heywards truck only had two seats, I have to sit on Popes lap. Once we all got seated in the car, Heyward drove off.

"No funny business over there okay," said Heyward as he pointed to me and Pope.

"Dad! Stop!" Said Pope. I just laughed it off.

"Midsummers here we come!" I yelled out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope you liked this chapter!

Also sorry that it is short compared to the last chapter.