Chapter 8

Hazel's POV

It was the next day and we were testing out the drone. John B and Kiara were in the water and me, Pope, and JJ were looking at the drone camera screen to see if it works.

"What would we do without you man," said JJ to Pope. Pope was working the drone thing. John B and Kiara got out of the water when I noticed a storm cloud.

"So when exactly are we going to do this?" I asked.

"Today," said JJ.

"Look," I said as I pointed to the cloud.

"We'll just see," said John B.

"Well anyways I got to deliver food to figure eight.  Anyone want to come?" Asked Pope.

"I will," me and JJ both said.

"Great, let's go." Me, Pope, and JJ went to Heywards place and got all of the food into our boat. After we got all of the food there we started to head to the kooks side.

"It doesn't even look like the storm hit there!" Said Pope talking about the kooks.

"They got generators bro, get used to it," JJ said as he was playing with a knife.

"I swear if you stab me with that," I said. JJ then proceeded to wave the knife in my face.

Once we got to figure eight, JJ went his own way while me and Pope went in the opposite direction.

"This bag is so heavy!" I groaned.

"Get used to it," laughed Pope.

"Hey how much for those beers!" Said Rafe, Sarah's brother, as he came up to me and Pope. Topper was behind him.

"There not for sale," said Pope as he tried to walk off but Rafe kept pushing him back with his golf club.

"Come on guys," I said.

"Just give us one," said Rafe ignoring me.

"Or you can pay for them like everyone else," said Pope.

"You aren't listening to me," Rafe said. "You guys got so many and we got nothing."

"There already payed for," I said. Rafe looked at me then at the bag I was holding. He put his club in the bag then ripped it causing all the food to go everywhere.

"What the hell guys!" I said. Pope pushed Rafe back as Topper tried to get the beers from Popes hand. I tried to get Topper off of Pope, but Rafe picked me up and threw me to the side. Topper then pushed Pope down to the ground. I tried to help him, but Rafe kept pushing me back.

"Stop!" I yelled at them. They didn't listen though because Rafe started to hit Pope with the golf club. Me and Topper were now trying to get Rafe to stop. At least Topper knows the boundaries.

"Knock it off man!" Yelled Topper as hell pushed Rafe back. I went to Pope side to help him. His mouth was bleeding so much. I cringed at the sight.

"We don't want you guys over here, okay!" Said Rafe. "Your lucky I didn't mess with your little girlfriend." Rafe and Topper then walked off and left me with a bleeding Pope.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"No," groaned Pope.

"You think you can walk?" I asked him. Pope tried the get up and walk, I could tell it hurt him to but he was resting on my shoulder a little so that probably helped.

We walked back to the boat on the dock. I cleaned Popes cuts as we waited for JJ. I'm surprised he didn't lose a tooth.

"Does anything hurt?" I asked him as we waited.

"Besides the fact that I got hit with a bunch of golf clubs. No," said Pope.

"Guys!" Said JJ as he ran up to the boat. "You will not believe what just happened! That's fast money!" JJ cheered as he got onto the boat. Pope started up the boat and took off. JJ kept ranting about how much money he earned and stuff not even looking at Pope. I nudged JJ's side and pointed to Popes face.

"Yo, what happened to your face dude?" Said JJ as he took off Popes hat. "Jesus! What happened."

"Rafe and Topper jumped me," said Pope.

"They said no Pogues in their side of the island," I added on.

"What are you gonna do?" Asked JJ. Me and Pope both looked at JJ. JJ's plans are never good.

JJ told Pope to go to Topper's dock. Once we got there we all just stared at the boat that was in front of us.

"You want Pope to sink the boat?" I said.

"They hit us, we hit back," said JJ as Pope took off his shirt. Pope jumped into the water, and swam to Toppers boat.

"This could get us in big trouble," I said.

"You just don't want your boyfriend to get in trouble," said JJ.

"Oh my god!" I groaned. "Pope is not my boyfriend!"

"Whatever you say," JJ muttered.  We watched Pope as he swam back to our boat from the other boat.

"I did it," said Pope as he got back into our boat.

"I am so proud of you right now," said JJ.

"We can't tell anybody!" Said Pope.

"I won't!" Said JJ.

"Let's get out of here!" I said to Pope as he started the boat back up. As we drove away, I watched the boat slowly sink into the water.

As we got back into our side of the island. I noticed two people riding the waves. "Hey look! John b and Kie are surfing!" I said as I stripped down into my bathing suit. "Let's go with them!" I grabbed my board as the others followed my lead.

"Save some waves for us!" JJ shouted as we ran into the water. We all started to ride the waves. I would say I'm an expert at this, but after like failing a lot I don't think I'm as good as I used to be.

"Hey Hazel!" Shouted Kiara. "What got you so rusty!" She laughed.

"I haven't been able to surf in a while because someone is trying to get us killed!" I laughed.

"Hey!" Yelled John B. All five of us continued to ride the waves until it got dark out. After that, we went back to JB's and hung out like we usually do.

"You really think it's out there?" Asked Pope breaking the silence.

"Yeah... after hearing my fathers voice in that tape. I think I do," said John B.

"We are gonna find it you know. Even JJ believes," said Kie.

"Is it really 40 mil," said JJ.

"400 mil," I corrected.

"Imma dream about shipwrecks," said JJ as he closed his eyes. "Good night bird!" He said to John B.

"Good night bird shit."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you liked this chapter!

Also I hoped I wrote that fight scene well. I'm not really great at writing those.