Chapter 9

Hazel's POV

It was the next day and we were all on HMS POGUE with the drone. We are trying to find the one and only Royal Merchant today.

"How come I can't do anything!" I whined. Everyone decided what they were going to do, and that lead them to make me just watch them.

"You just get distracted easily," said Pope.

"And you think JJ doesn't?" I said. Woah, they trust JJ more than me right now.

"He can drive a boat really well," said John B. "JJ! Pin it here!"

"Roger that!" Said JJ as he drove the boat. John B started to put the drone into the water.

"Okay guys, to going full Kook," said John B. Kiara then grabbed the drone cord since she is the one controlling how deep it goes. I just decided to watch the drone camera with Pope since I got nothing better to do.

"Alright JJ! We are right over it! Ten second north west!" John B said.

"Ten seconds north west, got it," said JJ as he kept steering.

"100 feet!" Said Kiara as she kept pushing the drone down. On the drone camera there was just a whole bunch of nothing. Then a squid came on camera causing Pope to gasp.

"What!" Said John B as he rushed over to the camera.

"It was nothing," said Pope guiltily.

"He got scared by a squid," I laughed.

"Don't do that to me man!" Said JJ. Everyone kept doing their jobs, on the lookout for this shipwreck.

"400 feet!" Yelled Kiara.

"We've only made it 400 feet!" I groaned.

"Hazel, this stuff takes time," said Pope.

"Tides are turning!" Yelled Kiara. I looked up at the sky and a storm was defiantly coming our way.

"JJ, ten seconds south east okay," said John B.

"Yeah!" He yelled as he turned around. John B then kept shouting at JJ on where to go.

"Guys! Try to hurry up! I'm not about to die out here!" I yelled.

"We are trying!" Said Kiara. "700 feet!"

"This isn't looking good," I mumbled. Pope must've heard me because he gave me a reassuring smile.

"900 guys!" Yelled Kiara.

"JJ hold steady!" Yelled John B. "We are going to hurtle in the storm man!"

"920!"

"Be careful!" I yelled.

"John B! To much current, we are going to lose it!" Yelled Kiara. I went over to her and helped her grab the drone cord so that we wouldn't lose it.

"South west JJ! Hard!" Yelled John B. "Steady the boat here! Pope what do you see?!"

"Nothing a whole lot of nothing," said Pope.

"We are right above it!" Said JB.

"960!" Yelled Kiara. "970! 980!"

"We are at the bottom!" Said Pope. Everyone went over to the camera and looked. Nothing yet.

"You should be seeing something!" Said John B.

"Holy shit," I said. We found the Royal Merchant!

"It's the royal merchant," said John B in disbelief. Pope kept moving the camera to find the gold. He kept searching, but we couldn't find anything.