Chapter 23

Hazel's POV

"Okay Pope, you go to the grill and turn it on full blast so that we can make a distraction to get Sarah," said Kiara.

"Gotcha," said Pope as he left the group and went to where the grill was. The rest of us went to Sarah's window. JJ was who knows where, so it was really only me and Kiara. Kie knocked on the window, gaining Sarah's attention. Sarah then tried to open the window but it wouldn't budge.

"Show her the wanted paper," I said to Kiara. She nodded at me and fumbled threw her pockets. She then took out John B's wanted form and showed it to Sarah through the glass.

"You in on it?" Asked Kiara.

"Did you think I was?" I heard Sarah's muffled voice say.

"No," said Kiara. Sarah then put both of her hands on the window, and Kiara and I both put one hand over hers.

"Sarah?" I heard Ward yell.

"Go!" Said Sarah. Me and Kiara quickly ran away from the window, and back down towards the others. We opened back over the fence and went to our car. JJ and Pope were there waiting for us.

"That was a close one," I said as I hopped in the passenger seat.

"What happened?" Asked JJ.

"Ward," said Kiara as she started the car and drove away. She drove us all to the wreck to get food. After we ate, we all just laid down.

"I don't know about you guys," said JJ. "But I'm going to bed!" I looked over at Pope. He was extra quiet. It's probably from when I yelled at him earlier.

"This is going to be one uncomfortable sleep," I said. Sleeping at a restaurant can't be comfortable.

"He's pinched for sure man," I heard JJ say as I woke up. I rubbed my eyes and cracked my back. My back was very stiff.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him," Pope said. He's back to the Pope I like. The smart one and not the high one.

"Let's hope," said JJ.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too," said Kiara.

"And I was at the crime when it happened. Who knows if the Cameron's will blame it on me as well," I said. Pope looked at me with guilt. And now I'm regretting my decision on yelling at him. I mean who can blame him though, he is going through a lot right now.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, then we might as well help John B," said Pope. Pope then grabbed the keys and started to walk away.

"Pope?" JJ said.

"I'm getting gas for the boat," he said.

"Pope, be careful," I said. He stopped at the door and stared at me once again.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late," Pope said ignoring me before he left the Wreck. I looked at JJ and Kiara. So now he is mad at me? I didn't do anything wrong. I stood up and went after Pope.

"What is your problem?" I asked Pope as I left the place and walked to Pope.

"No problem Officer, I'm just doing my job," said Pope sarcastically.

"Look I'm sorry if I hurt your feeling yesterday," I said as Pope got onto the motorcycle. He started to rev the engine so that he couldn't hear what is say.

"What was that?" Asked Pope as he going to rev it.

"Pope stop it!" I yelled.

"Sorry, I can't hear you. What's as that?" He said again.

"I'm trying to talk to you!" I said. Pope then drove away on him bike. What the hell! All I did was yell at him yesterday because he was two high to even remember anything!

"That asshole," I said under my breath as I turned around and walked back to JJ and Kiara who were watching the whole thing. As I walked back, a helicopter was flying in the sky.

"Who the hell is that?" Asked JJ.

"Probably something with the police," said Kiara.

"John B is in real shit," I said trying to distract myself from Pope.

"Come on," said Kiara. "We should get food ready for John B and Sarah." We walked back inside the Wreck once again and started to pack up food.

"Do you have any idea why Pope was being so mean," I said as I helped JJ put food in a bag.

"You sure he wasn't just being weird Pope?" Asked JJ.

"But still. I've never seen him that pissed off before," I said.

"Is that enough food for them?" Asked Kiara as be walked over to JJ and I.

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so probably," said JJ.

"I think I really hurt his feelings," I said. No matter how much I didn't want to think about Pope, I kept thinking of him. I hate seeing him mad at me.

"Don't beat yourself up to much?" Said Kiara as we walked outside.

"Yeah, he has completely changed his feels in the past 24 hours," said JJ.

"I hate to admit it, but I miss the old Pope," I said. We walked over to our car and JJ the food in it. I looked over and saw Kiaras parents coming up to us. Oh shit, she is definitely in trouble.

"Where you been?" Asked Kiaras Mom as she walked up to us.

"Uh, I'm fine. I slept here," said Kiara nervously.

"Well, we were up half the night scared to death looking for you," said her mom. Her mom looked behind her and saw me and JJ. Kiaras mom knows that I'm dating Pope so she immediately looked at JJ. "What the hell are you two up to?"

"I'm sorry, miss Anna, we gotta go," said JJ.

"I'm sorry," said Kiara.

"No absolutely not. Have you heard what's going on? Said Kiara's mom.

"Mom I'll explain later," said Kiara as she opened the car door.

"Have you seen the storm?" Asked her Mom. I look up and there were a lot of clouds in the sky. I'll be honest, I didn't know there was going to be a storm. JJ went to the passenger door and I went to the back door and got in.

"These cops are armed Kiara," said her mom.

"Mom! John B needs me!" Said Kiara as she started the car.

"You need to stay right here," said her mom. JJ looked back at me. This was awkward.

"I'll be careful," said Kiara as she drive off. I looked behind us and saw her mom try to come after us. If only I knew what the rest of the day would bring us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the short chapter and sorry for not updating. I got busy!

I'll try to update more regularly!