Chapter 3

Hazel's POV

It was a day after the whole fight thing, and right now me, Pope, and JJ were hanging out. John B and Kiara were both at work.

"You are so stupid," Pope said.

"Me?" I asked. Pope shook his head.

"No why would you be dumb? JJ over here is the one that shot a gun," said Pope.

"I was helping John B out! Did you want him to drown," said JJ.

"No! Why would you even bring the gun in the first place though?" Asked Pope.

"In case of emergency like there was!" Said JJ.

"Guys stop! JJ can't do anything about it now even though it was really stupid. And if someone asks about it, deny," I said.

"Yes deny!" Said Pope.

"Whatever, I'm outta here," said JJ as he took off and left my house.

"And now there is only two of us," I said. I spoke too soon cause JJ came waltzing back in.

"I just saw John B. He wants us all to meet at his place," said JJ.

"Isn't he working?" I asked.

"He got off early. Now let's go!" Said JJ as he ran back outside. Me and Pope followed him trying to caught up. This boy can run.

"Do you know what this is about?" Pope asked me.

"No idea," I said. Once me and Pope made it to John B's house, everyone was already there.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Officer Perterkin wants me to stay out of the Marsh," John B said. "She said if I do, then she will help me with DCS."

"And you are trusting a cop now?" Said JJ.

"Yes JJ I am," said John B.

"An actual Cop," JJ said back.

"All I have to do it stay out of it and she will help me. It also doesn't help that you are the one who shot the gun!" Said John B as he started to raise his voice. I looked at Pope and Kiara with wide eyes. What the actual fuck is happening right now.

"Oh yeah I should've just let him drown you! You know what kooks always win!" Yelled JJ.

"JJ..." said Kiara trying to make him not yell anymore.

"No shut up Kiara! Those kooks don't want us to go down to the marsh because there is something valuable down there and you know it," said JJ.  "John B, you have nothing to lose if you go down there! But Pope you have your scholarship, Kiara you are already rich so you don't really need it, and you Hazel are just like Pope. Golden."

"JJ," mumbled John B.

"JB, me and you have nothing to lose. So why not do it?!"

"JJ stop it's not worth it," said John B.

"No hold on. You have the keys to the Cameron's boat. You could take some scuba gear so that we can look at the reck," said JJ.

Let's just say that JJ convinced John B to take the scuba gear. Thankfully he didn't get caught besides Sarah finding him, but he said it's fine. Now we were on our boat.

"John B all of these tanks are empty," said Kiara.

"This one has a quarter left," I said as I gave the tank to Kiara.

"Great! That's only enough for one person," said Kiara. "Anyone know how to dive?" Everyone looked at each other not saying anything before Pope cut the silence.