Divorce Lawyer in Love (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

"You got married? I haven't heard about it." Arthit spoke when he saw that Byul had a ring on her finger. He was incredibly sad as he realized that he'd missed his best friend's wedding. The ring on Ming's finger told him that he had missed his wedding as well.

"We're not married yet...." Byul spoke with a soft smile.

"P' Kit and I are waiting too. I have a lot on my plate right now and well...neither of us wanted to get married without you being there." Ming confessed. Tears fell from Arthit's eyes as regret and guilt filled his heart.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't be your friend. You shouldn't help me."

"Arthit," Byul spoke to him taking his hand in hers.

"We promised each other that we would be there for one another no matter what. We're your friends. We would never leave you alone."

"How did you know that I... I never told you what was going on," Even now Arthit couldn't bring himself to say it.

"You didn't have to tell us. We knew that you would never lose contact with us and you would never give up your career Arthit. We knew how much you loved painting. We tried many times to see you. Your phone was disconnected, all your social media platforms were taken down... Knot said you didn't want to see us." Ming said to him.

"At first we believed him," Byul spoke with regret.

"People change when they're in a new relationship after all. But... we both just felt unsettled. Then we tried to see you and there were suddenly bodyguards... It all felt too... isolating. We went to see your mother and she was so angry. She asked if you sent us. She said that you lied about everything. That Knot treated you decently." Ming spoke with angry tears in his eyes. 

"We could understand if you didn't want to talk to us. But you would never cut everyone out of your life like that. We tried going to your apartment several times in order to talk to you. You quit your job at the art gallery that you had worked so hard to get... We tried asking around if anyone had seen you. We tried filing a missing person's police report several times. But instead, restraining orders were sent to us from you and Knot..." Byul explained.

"I would never-"

"We know," Ming spoke.

"That's when we realized how serious it was. Knot has a lot of friends in high places and we don't have power at least we didn't back then. Some officers began harassing us and Knot did everything to bring down my company... Ming's company also began having trouble too... we were forced to back off until we could find a way..." Byul explained. Arthit could only blame himself. Before he had married Knot, both Ming and Byul had asked him countless times if this was what he wanted. He should have known then that his friends were trying to tell him this was a bad idea.

"Our family is pretty powerful but... Knots father is the Chief of Police. We can't just do what we please..."

"Uncle I want my ice cream," Pha announced quietly when the waiter came back with a few slices of cake, pink milk, and a large mint ice cream for Phana. Jae Ha simply handed it to Pha who smiled and continued to ignore the conversation around him as he had some headphones on and was watching spiderman on Byul's cellphone. 

"How did you even get into our security team. Knot is very thorough about it."

"We don't share the same last name. I was in the military and our parents did what they could so that when the background check happened they would miss certain details. Knot's people are good. But I called in a few favors myself." Jae Ha responded.