part 38

Three days later...
I struggled to zip my my last suitcase.
"Jae?" I screamed.
"What?" He came running into my room.
"Can you help me zip this pleaseee?" I pouted.
"I got this baby, step aside and let the real muscle handle this." He smirked flexing his arms and getting the suitcase to zip which caused me to put facepalm myself at him.
"Okay muscle man lets goooo" I winked.

We took two separate vans to the lake house we rented for the weekend. Jaden, Bryce, Griffin, Josh, Quinton and I were all in one van. In the other van was Avani, Nick, Chase, Ondreaz, and Tony. Some people from both houses couldn't go because of prior plans and some just decided not to go so it was just a small group of us, which was fine with me because I hated being in large groups of people anyway. All the guys in my van were filming tiktoks or vlogging so I just let them do their thing and put my airpods in. About thirty minutes later, both vans parked in the driveway of a huge lake house. This place was insanely huge. Avani is planning every vacation from now on. All the guys brought the bags in while Avani and I ran in to claim the two best rooms. She let Jaden and I have the master since we'd be sharing and she took the second largest room. We all quickly unpacked, changed into swimsuits and agreed to head down to the pool. I was walking down with Avani when I quite literally ran into Nick.

"Shit.. sorry!" Nick apologized, holding his hand out for me to take. I took his hand and pulled myself off the ground.
"It's fine. " I laughed. "I kind of deserved that didn't I?"
"Well..." He nervously laughed, "Let's just have fun this weekend!"
"Alright who's drinking?!" Bryce echoed.
"This is gonna be interesting for-sure. " We both laughed.
We all walked into the kitchen to find most of the guys already drinking. Jaden's eyes met mine and he walked over, wrapping his arms around my waist and placing his head on my shoulder. I was worried Nick would be uncomfortable but his focus was on the beer in his hand... Maybe he's already over it.
Bryce walked around handing out beers to everyone, to which they accepted, until he got to Jaden.
"Nah man I'm good. " Jaden declined.
"Come on Jae, we're here to have fun. Let loose. " I smiled, taking the beers from Bryce.
"I have a really bad feeling about this. " He shook his head.
"Jaden if this is going to work we're going to have to figure out how to function at parties. We can't be worried if we're going to hurt each other by drinking. Think of it like a test. "
"A test?"
"Yeah.... like if we can make it through the weekend without making a mistake while drinking then maybe we can work this out after all."
He nodded.
"Yeah... like trust."
"Exactly like trust. Now, drink this beer, or don't I'm not forcing you. Either way, let's have fun. " I kissed him.

As confident as I was that Jaden and I's relationship was different this time, I still had a bad feeling about something.... I just couldn't figure out what.