part 3

I didn't see Jaden for the next couple of days. Collin has been in the studio working constantly for the past 3 days and only coming out to eat twice a day. Sarah has been out shopping for furniture and other things for the house. Me? I'm laying in my bed watching Outer Banks. I somehow managed to watch the entire first season in a day.

It was 3 pm and I made my way downstairs for the first time today when my phone buzzed in my sweatpants pocket. I took it out to see that it was a text from a number I didn't recognize but I still checked to see what they said.

UNKNOWN
Hey, it's Jaden

Me
Hey? Lol how did you get my number

Jaden
I told Collin I left something at the house he told me to ask you if I could come by and get it. But I was really wondering if you were ready for me to show you around?

Me
Today? Um sure, give me a little while to shower and stuff

Jaden
Sure lmk when you're ready and I'll come get you

Read 3:17 pm

I thought he was joking when he said that... wow. I'm really about to hangout with one of the cutest guys I've ever seen in my life.
I did my usual shower routine and makeup. Instead this time I dried and straightened my hair. I really had to wear something other than a raggedy t-shirt if if I'm going to be in public with Jaden. After ten minutes of searching my closet I found this:

 After ten minutes of searching my closet I found this:

I guess this will have to do. I picked my phone up off my dresser and texted Jaden.
Me
Hey, I'm ready whenever
Jaden
Finally lol I'm on my way
Read 5:01 pm

About twenty minutes later I heard a car pull up outside. I fully expected him to just honk his car horn to tell me he was here but I watched as he made his way to the front door and knocked.
"Hey you ready uh- Metallica huh? I like the fit. " he smirked.
"Thanks, ready to go?" I said as I shut the door behind me and made my way to the passenger side of the car. As I reached for the door handle Jaden grabbed it and opened the door for me. Wow, I don't think anyone has ever done that for me before.
"So where are we going?" I asked as Jaden was backing out of the driveway.
"It's a surprise." He smiled. "It's a little bit of a drive though, I hope that's cool."
"Yeah, could we maybe stop somewhere and get coffee? I haven't really eaten today." I said looking out the window.
"Dude it's almost 6pm, yes we're getting coffee and then I'm taking you to eat later." He was too focused on the road to notice that I was low-key staring at him.
Righteous by Juice WRLD was playing as I was humming along when Jaden glanced over and said "You know, you look really nice today."
There was no denying I was blushing and all my dumbass could get out of my mouth was "So I'm ugly every other day?"
He glanced over yet again, laughed, and said "No that's not what I meant, I mean did you get all glammed up for me?"
Without even looking I knew he was smirking at me. I just giggled while nodding my head.
After about an hour in the car we pulled up to this empty parking lot. The sun was setting and it was beautiful.
He opened my car door for me and led me to this lookout area. You could see the sunset, buildings that looked like that were miles away, and the Hollywood sign.
"Jae, this is so pretty. I could sit here forever." I was mesmerized.
"It's great right? I like coming up here to clear my thoughts, It's so calming. Wait- Jae?"
"Uh- sorry. If you don't like it I won't say it anymore" I awkwardly let out as I looked into the sunset.
"No it's great, no one ever calls me that, angel."
"Angel, huh? Not bad Jae. "
I looked over at him and he was looking down at me smiling. He towered over me and somehow it made me feel so calm. He was right, this place was so calming.
My hands were resting on the railing and after a couple seconds of him smiling down at me, he placed his hand on top of mine. At first it made me tense up, but once I realized what happened somehow my nerves went away. We stood there in silence for what felt like forever, the sun was set and it was dark now. Jaden took my hand in his and led me back to the car.
"So where to now, Jae?" I said as we both buckled our seatbelts.
"Food. In n Out maybe, we could eat in the car and talk?"
"Yeah sounds good. I've actually never had that." I giggled and he had his hand over his heart with a shocked face.
"No way," he laughed. "You're gonna love it"

We just finished our burger and fries. I took the aux cord and played my playlist on shuffle. I started singing the words to Only me by Nicki Minaj when Jaden laughed and said "Your aux privileges are suspended. Give me that and I'll play your new favorite song."
He played his song Comatose. Collin played it for me awhile back and I liked it, I just didn't know it was Jaden's song.
I watched as he was head bopping to his own song, singing along and smiling like crazy. He looked so proud of it, and he should be, it was an amazing song.
"So, what did you think?" He eagerly asked when it was finished playing.
"I loved it. You're insanely talented, like a rockstar." I said smiling.
"Exactly! That's what I want to be. A rockstar. " He proudly said.
"You are a rockstar. I'm super proud of you and Collin both, it's actually cool a famous person is hanging out with me right now. "
He was doing it again. Looking into my soul. I tensed up again, getting more nervous by the second. His face was inching closer to mine. There was no way he's about to kiss me. No. Way....