part 15

We were silently digging into our steaks when Amy spoke up by clearing her throat. "So, um, I have to ask this." John elbowed her and cleared his throat. "I know you're not going to like hearing this honey but don't you think maybe you guys moved a little fast? You know, with her friend dying in the way she did and your history, it just worries me a little. " I didn't say anything, I was going to let Jaden handle this one. After what felt like a five minutes, Jaden spoke up. "Mom, I get your concern but Y/N is my rock. We both have similar struggles and maybe one day she will open up to you, but there is no such thing as moving too fast when you're 100% sure." Jaden sighed, placing his hand on my thigh almost reassuring me that everything was okay. "Wait, mom, is this because of Mads?" Jaden seemed irritated.
"Honey I-"
"No, mom. How many times do I have to tell you that mine and Mads's relationship wasn't real. There were no feelings were involved on my side and I know you guys really liked her but you're going to love Y/N. That's all I want to say about it, please. "
This got awkward really fast. Not only do they not like me, but they love Mads. Wonderful.
I wasn't even hungry anymore. I just sat at the table while everyone else finished and picked at my food.
Jaden's dad clear his throat again and began to say something. "I'm gonna say something if you guys don't mind. I know I usually don't say much but I just want you to know that you seem incredibly happy, Jaden. That's all we want. I know it seems like we don't want to see you guys together, but that's not true. We're just being the over-protective parents we are and I promise we are nice people. I'm sorry, Y/N. I'm sure you are lovely, and I'm also sure that we will find that out soon enough. Right, honey?" He asked placing his hand on top of Amy's. "Exactly. I'm sorry if that came off rude, Y/N. We are just protective of our baby boy. " She giggled.
"It's okay, I promise! Jaden is the best thing that's happened to me, and the first time I've been genuinely happy in the first time in I can remember. I can't wait until we can all spend some real time together other than one night. " I smiled relaxing my shoulders.
Maybe this isn't going as bad as I thought. Okay, I don't mind having to win over his parents. I got this.

After spending some more time with Jaden's parents back at his house, they were finally opening up to me. His mom and I had a good conversation actually. She told me all his embarrassing childhood stories and I may have slipped and told her a few of mine too. Turns out, we vacationed at the same beach when we were kids. It's crazy how we never met until now.

We all said our good nights and planned an early breakfast for tomorrow before they dropped us off at the airport.

I put my toothbrush back in my small makeup bag and crawled into bed with Jaden. He wrapped his arms around me and I did the same. He whispered "I love you, angel. " in my ear. I don't think he thought I heard him, maybe he thought I was already asleep. I tightened my grip around him and whispered back "I love you too Jae." He released his grip and backed away, "Is it too soon to be saying that? I don't know, and if it's too soon for you I get it. But I mean it. " he smiled. "I mean it too. And I also really want you to fuck me right now. " I smirked, knowing he was about to pin me down to the bed any second now. "You don't have to say that twice, baby." He smirked back, smashing his lips into mine, and pinning  my arms up on the bed getting on top of me. Fuck, I loved this man.