part 29

2 years later...

"Hey babe. What are you doing?" The familiar arms that I loved wrapped around my body and made me feel safe instantly.
"Making some breakfast. Make some coffee then sit down at the table. It's almost ready. " I smiled, kissing him on the cheek before turning my attention back to the pancakes I was about to burn.
"Morning, Y/N." Avani smiled. "And Nick."

Just to catch you up on my life...

Avani and I decided to get an apartment together before my niece was born. Collin and Sarah named her after Cass, which meant the world to me. I loved my little baby so much. After we both got dumped, we began to spend every day together. I guess you could say we healed each other from our breakups somewhat. Neither of us have spoken to any of the boys at the Sway House since that night. We swore off boys for a year, internally hoping that Anthony and Jaden would change their minds and/or come to their senses. Avani joined the Hype House shortly after us moving into our apartment and she seems super happy about it, and she had been actively going on dates recently. I didn't join, but I did now have a large following on all platforms, which is still surreal to me. I had a youtube channel with over two million subs where I posted vlogs, music, and the occasional makeup video with Avani meaning that I don't work for Collin anymore. It was his idea actually, for me to branch out and do something on my own. I still talked to him everyday and we ate dinner at his place once a week. I started hanging out at the Hype House with Vani sometimes, and that's where I met Nick. Nick Austin. We didn't hit it off immediately, only because I was still healing from getting my fucking heart ripped out of my chest but instead started off as friends and it went from there. Last night was our four month anniversary. Nick was great, don't get me wrong. He even took me to my favorite restaurant last night by the beach, and took me to my favorite ice cream place after and got me the cutest promise ring. It was one of the sweetest things anyone had ever done for me. But I don't feel the same tingling sensation as I did when he kisses me as I did with Jaden. Sometimes I feel bad leading him on like this but I really do love him. Just not the same way he loves me. Sometimes it actually helps me push Jaden to the back of my mind. Jaden hasn't spoken a word to me since that night. I found out a couple weeks after the breakup that he blocked me on all social media and I haven't tried to contact him either. It hurts. so. much. But we weren't meant to be. Part of me wonders if I would actually ever get over him.

Back to the story...

We were all sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast scrolling on our phone catching up on everything.
"Guys... have you um seen Jaden's post?" Avani questioned.
"Blocked. " I cringed.
"Yeah I saw it this morning." Nick said.
"What is it?" I asked.
"He's back together with Mads. " Nick said like it was nothing.
I felt all my blood rush to my face and my face heated up like a fucking furnace. My stomach dropped and I felt like I was going to throw my breakfast up. I got up from my chair and ran into my room burying myself in my pillow. After two years, you wouldn't think this would still hurt this much. He can be with whoever he wants to be, even her.

I soon heard a knock on my door.

"It's me Y/N." Avani said.
She opened the door without me answering and shut it behind her. She sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed my back.
"You're not over him, are you?"
"I don't think I'll ever be. " I mumbled into my pillow.
I heard Avani mumble something but I'm not sure what.
"Well, Y/N, I know this isn't what you want to hear and it may hurt but it needs to be said. You have a guy who loves you sitting in the kitchen waiting to shower you with love and affection. It's been two years, you need to forget about him. You deserve Nick, not Jaden. "

Ouch.

I raised my head from my pillow and got up off the bed.
"You're right. Sorry. "
"Don't apologize to me, apologize to Nick. Go go go!" She pushed me out of the door and into the kitchen.

"Uh... is everything okay, baby?" Nick questioned, pulling me into a hug and rubbing my head.
"Yeah, just felt a little sick from breakfast. Sorry babe. " I said, kissing his cheek.
He smiled in return, believing every word I said.

I'm not sure how much longer I can fake this.