part 32

I've been engaged for two days now. The Hype House was going on a weekend trip and I decided to stay home. I made up some excuse on how I wanted to catch up with my parents before they went back home. I mean that wasn't a lie, but that's not why I didn't want to go on the trip. Avani saw right through it but didn't say anything.

I heard Nick come in the door and I walked over to greet him.
"I can't believe you're not coming this weekend. " Nick pouted.
"No worries, we have a whole life time of trips ahead of us. " I smiled. "Have lots of fun this weekend, and don't let Avani drink."
"Of course." He chuckled. "I love you."
"I love you too Nick."
He kissed my lips and pick up Avani's bags.
"Vani lets go everyone's waiting! He yelled.
"Be right there!" She yelled back, probably scrambling to put mascara on because she woke up late.
I smiled and walked into Avani's room to tell her bye.
"Have fun this weekend Vani. Oh and don't drink." I brought her into a hug.
She looked me up and down and said "Please don't do something stupid this weekend. Nick loves you and you love him. Go spend time with your family. Love you. "

I swear she can read my mind.

My parents had taken Collin, Sarah and my niece out to a little food truck festival in town and I decided to stay at home and have some alone time. Probably the only alone time I would get in a really long time considering I was about to be planning a wedding. I just needed a moment to breathe.

I had ordered a large pizza, had wine on deck, and I planned on watching Netflix all night. I heard the doorbell ring and jumped up and ran to the door thinking it was my pizza.
I turned the doorknob to only be faced with the one and only. Jaden.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

"You can't marry him." His eyes were bloodshot red and his eyes puffy. Part of me just thought he had smoked and was out of his damn mind coming here right now.

"And why the hell not? And how did you know? Wait how do you even know where I live?"

"I saw his post. Y/N please don't marry him. "

"Jaden it's been two years. Two years since you left me on that bench telling me to move on. You blocked me out of your life entirely and never spoke to me again."

"I know. "

"And besides, you're with Mads. "

"I'm with Mads because you're with Nick. I thought you had moved on and forgot about me. "

"Jesus Jaden, how many times are you going to use Mads like that? I'm starting to understand why she acted like she did, because you drive me fucking crazy. You can't just come here and do this."

"I never stopped loving you. I don't think I ever will. I regret everyday leaving you on that bench. I wasn't good for you back then, Y/N. But I am now. I've been going to therapy all this time and working on myself for you. Please just give me another chance to make this right. I know you don't love him like you love me. "

"I-"

"Excuse me, large pizza for Y/N?" A man holding indeed, a very large pizza, stood behind Jaden probably wondering what the hell is going on. Me too, pizza guy.

"Thank you." I said, flustered as hell. I handed him a tip and turned back to Jaden. "It's time for you to go. "
I walked back inside and went to shut the door when Jaden stopped me and walked inside.

"Here me out, please. "

"Two minutes Jaden. " I sat the pizza down and crossed my arms, counting down the time. "One minute and fifty seconds."

"Jesus, okay. Look, I fucked up. I fucked up more than I have fucked up anything in my entire life. I blocked you out of my life because I couldn't stand to look at you hurt. I couldn't stand to look at you and not be able to hold and kiss you like I wanted to. If I would've stayed in the relationship two years ago I would've messed up one way or another and it would've ended up with you hurt either way. I'm ready now. I'm ready to give you a lifetime of love. A lifetime full of laughter, love, adventure and all the forehead kisses you could ever dream of. No one knows you like I do baby. Angel please please please consider giving me another chance. "

I looked at him for a minute or two, just admiring his beauty. Everything he said was true. I didn't love Nick like I loved him. I stepped closer to him and pressed my lips on his. He immediately reciprocated my energy and moved his in sync with mine. All the fireworks I missed were popping off in my body. All the butterflies I missed were now back. He wrapped his arms around my body pulling me closer as I cupped his cheeks.
I was the first to back away.
"Uh-" I managed to get out.
"If you can tell me you felt nothing during that kiss, I'll leave right now and never talk to you again. "
I stayed silent.
"Exactly. Please tell me you still feel what I do. "
"I still feel the same way about you as I did two years ago."
"Then please take off that ring. Please be with me. I promise I won't make you regret it. " He pleaded.

About that time, the front door swung open to reveal Jaden and I still connected to each other as his arms were still wrapped around my waist.

Avani's jaw dropped all the way to the floor.
Nick's eyes were glossy and his jaw was clenched.

"W-what are you guys doing back?" I whispered, horrified.
"Our flight got cancelled. Somebody please tell me what the hell is going on." Nick pleaded.
"I- uh- Nick I'm sorry" I winced.

"I kissed her. It's all my fault. " Jaden said, backing away from me.