part 12

We left the restaurant and buckled our seat belts when we reached the car. "Okay, so I want to take you to my thinking place since you took me to yours. " I said interlocking my fingers with Jaden's. "I'd like that. So turn left or right?" He asked, keeping his focus on the road. "Right. "

He pulled into the small parking lot a couple minutes later. It was just a small park in town with a large fountain. Nothing compared to the view in California, but it used to be my happy place. "I know it isn't anything compared to yours, but this is where I used to come to think or take my mind off things. " I said, nervous he would think I'm weird. "It's great, let's go sit outside. " We made our way to a small bench by the fountain and I put my head on Jaden's shoulder. His hand made his way to my thigh and he said "So, technically this is our first date."
"Yeah, I take all my first dates to the cemetery. " I giggled. "At least it's memorable. "He laughed, taking his hand off my thigh and putting his arm around my shoulder. "So I have some questions for you, Jae. I feel like I've spent most of our time together talking about me and barely left any room for you to talk. Tell me about your family?"
Jaden: So I have two sisters. A younger who's 17 and an older sister whose 25. My parents, they're my best friends. Moving to California was really tough for me at first because I'm so close to my family. That's why the Sway boys are like my family now. They're like the brothers I've never had and hopefully you can spend more time with them. My family usually visits a couple times a year though and I usually come home on Christmas. I actually didn't tell them I was in town so I was hoping I could surprise them tomorrow." He smiled, I like the softer side of Jaden. Who am I kidding, he's always a softie. I liked it though.
"That would be so much fun! Meaning I can come along of course. " I laughed, nervous he maybe wanted to spend time alone with them.
"Duh you're coming. I can't wait for you to meet them. I have a feeling you'll get along just fine with them. Um... so anyway, um I was thinking." He took his arm off of me and turned his body toward me. Oh god. I really hope he isn't about to give me the "let's just be friends talk"
"Thinking about what?"
"About how happy I would be if you would be my girlfriend. " He grinned placing his finger under my chin, lifting my face up to look at him.
I inched closer to him and placed my hand on his cheek touching my lips to his. It was a quick, sweet kiss, but it made me smile.
"I'm assuming that's a yes?" He smirked.
"Yes! Hell yes it's a yes!" I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tight.

6 hours later...
We were both laying on the couch cuddling with my parents watching a movie. They saw my smile as soon as I walked in the door earlier and knew what was up. I think they were both so thrilled because I haven't been in a good place in so long that they had to be relieved. I've put them through hell and back the past year and I'm finally in a good place. I wasn't even really paying attention to the movie because I was so lost in thought. I feel like Cass really brought me and Jaden together. Or maybe I was finally able to close that horrible chapter in my life and move on. I just wish she was here with me so we could experience this together. Maybe we would both be in law school in California right now. I didn't even realized I had fallen asleep until I felt Jaden shake me. "Baby, the movies over. You fell asleep. Let's go to bed since we have to wake up early in the morning" He whispered reaching his hand out for me to take. I immediately went and laid in bed, Jaden following right behind draping his arms around my side. "Goodnight girlfriend. " He said as he kissed my head. "Goodnight, boyfriend." I yawned back and I slowly drifted back to sleep.