part 13

I reached my arm out from under the cover to turn my alarm off. 7:15. I had a few missed texts from Collin.
Collin
How is everything going? Miss you. See you in a day sis
Me
Hey everything is a good as expected. I ran into Sam ironically. I'll explain everything when I'm back home though. I may or may not be coming back with a boyfriend ;)

I knew mom had most likely already told him but when I get back to California he'll act surprised. It's okay though, I know my mom can never keep a secret and they're just happy for me. I can't seem to shake this uneasy feeling and I can't seem to figure out what it is. I slowly slipped out of Jaden's embrace and went to shower.
As the hot water was falling down my body, I was deep in thought yet again. What exactly did Collin mean when he wanted me to watch out for Jaden's intentions? Besides the one "lie" he has been nothing but amazing to me. And then there's Mads and her basically telling me to back the fuck off. Wait... what if I'm a fucking rebound? That would hurt a lot. I was startled when the shower curtain was pulled back appearing a naked Jaden. "Hey baby, can I join?" he smirked already stepping in the shower. "No funny business Jae." I laughed, handing him the shampoo basically telling him to wash my hair. He was rubbing the shampoo in my hair when he stopped abruptly. "What are you thinking about?"
"Do you want the honest answer or want me to say nothing?" I asked, hoping he would drop it but I knew he wouldn't. "Talk to me, angel. How many times to I have to tell you you can talk to me about everything?" He was now washing his body as I rinsed the conditioner out of my hair. "I was just thinking about the last couple weeks. I like you a lot Jae, and you being here right now means more to me than you'll ever know. You've been better for me than anyone else has in the past in such a short amount of time. I just can't help feeling like I'm some sort of rebound or something. It's just that you have a huge career, you're literally famous, and I feel like I have nothing going on. It's just me own insecurities getting in the way, and I'm really trying to work through them without my past getting in the way but it's hard. " He didn't say anything else after that and I felt humiliated to be honest. He was probably questioning ever asking me to be his girlfriend. He's been nothing but perfect to me, and I still can't fully accept that a genuine good guy likes me for me.
I wrapped a towel around my body and dug a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt and got dressed for the day. I brushed my hair and decided to just let it air dry. I was in the middle of putting on some mascara in the bathroom when Jaden came in and sat on the bathroom counter. "I've been thinking about what I should say all this time. I don't want you to think it was because I didn't care because that's not it at all. Y/N, you are amazing. You are absolutely not a rebound. From the first time I saw you, I just knew. There's something I haven't been completely honest about though." He sighed, looking down at his feet. "You came into my life in such a dark time. I actually used to talk to Collin about it before you guys moved to California. Um... Y/N I was suicidal before I met you. I don't know if I'm ready to talk about it yet but uh, I just wanted to be honest with you. Since I've met you, you've brought nothing but happiness in my life, seriously. I feel so connected to you, like both of our dark pasts brought us together for some reason. I don't know what that reason is but I'm sure as hell glad it did. I feel like you saved me, Y/N."
I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. "I'm so lucky to have you Jae. You mean so much to me and I never want to lose you. Any doubt I had in myself is gone now. I promise. Oh and by the way, you saved me too. " I smiled, kissing him again.
"We should probably get going though, babe. Let's go meet your parents!" I squealed interlocking our fingers and pulling him back in my room.
"Okay I've got the luggage. I'll go load the car and you say goodbye to your parents. " He smiled, obviously struggling to carry the four large bags out of the room by the way he was dragging them.

"I love you guys so much, I promise I'll be home for Thanksgiving, then you guys can come to California for Christmas!" I muffled into my dad's chest as I was squished between him and my mom hugging me.
"Have fun today, and have a safe flight back home my love. Now where's my son-in-law? I have to hug him goodbye!" My mom beamed running to the door to find Jaden.
"For the record, you look great, Y/N. You look healthy, happy, and vibrant. I haven't seen you smile like that in years. I don't know if Jaden is partly to thank for that, but either way I think it's great. See you in a couple months, love. I love you. " My dad said bringing me into a hug, obviously seeing the tears stream down my face.

We were now about thirty minutes into our hour and a half journey to Jaden's house. Jaden's hand was resting on my thigh as I was sipping on my iced coffee. "So, what's the plan? How are we surprising them?" I asked, turning my attention to Jae. He looked so hot right now, I had to admit.
"So I think basically just walk up and knock on the door. It's Sunday so they're both home and won't be expecting anyone. Wait are you staring at me?" He smirked, squeezing my thigh. "What? A girl can't admire her smoking hot boyfriend?" I asked, reaching over and kissing his cheek, then his neck. Jaden's hand slowly slid up my thigh, giving me butterflies in my stomach.