part 7

I woke up and rolled over checking the time on my phone. 6:17am. Wow, I woke up extra early this morning. I knew I wouldn't fall back asleep so I rolled out of bed (literally) and made my way into the bathroom. I turned the hot water on, slipped my t-shirt off and stared in the mirror. Holy shit, I'm going on a date with Jaden tonight. I really hope I don't fuck this up.

After showering, I brushed my hair and threw on some sweats and a sports bra. I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste. As I was brushing my teeth, Collin walked in.
"Morning sis, I made breakfast downstairs, get dressed and go eat. After that meet me in the studio." He said before closing the door behind him.
I made my way downstairs, made a cup of coffee and ate some eggs and toast. I didn't see Sarah around, so she must be out shopping or something. I made my way down the hallway to the studio and peaked my head around the door. "Hey can I come in?" I saw Collin sitting at his desk and Sarah sitting on the couch. They both looked at each other and then me, before Collin said "Yeah, come in." I couldn't figure out their facial expressions, they honestly looked kind of scared. I sat down beside Sarah on the couch and Collin sighed before saying "Y/N, something happened and I'm not sure how you're going to take it. Cass is dead."
At first I didn't really comprehend what he said.  I don't think it processed in my brain. It was silent for what felt like forever until I said. "Okay. " I didn't know if I was supposed to cry or feel nothing.
Sarah put her hand on my knee and said "She overdosed on pills last night. They believe it was intentional with the amount she had taken. She left a note, Y/N."
"Like a suicide note?"
"Yes, kind of. The note was for you."
"What? What did it say?"
"We haven't read it yet. We were going to let you read yourself, after all it wasn't written for us. Cass's mom sent a copy for you, if you would like to read it. Only if you're ready. "
"Um- i- uhhh- yeah, please. I'll read it. "
Sarah took a folded piece of paper out of her pocket and hesitantly handed it to me. They both left the room and left me alone to read it. I unfolded the copy and took a deep breath before reading.
Y/N,
I'm so sorry that I've hurt you so much. You were the sister I never had and I hurt you more than I ever could. I remember all the fun times we had when we were younger and realize how much I miss it all. Like all those nights we used to sneak out of your bedroom window and walk to the park. We used to have so much fun swinging and talking about everything. You helped me through my parent's divorce, and when my sister died. You didn't leave my side for a month after the crash and I now realize how much I cherished our friendship. This is why I want you to know the truth. I would never willingly sleep with Sam. I knew how much you loved him Y/N, there was so much more to the story. Sam was blackmailing me. I was in over my head trying to support myself in college and I really wanted to be able to go to law school. Our dream. So I took a job. A job as an escort. I knew It wasn't a good idea but I was so in over my head trying to pay my bills. I was two months behind on rent and I didn't know what else to do. Sam somehow found out, and I don't know how but he told me that if I slept with him he would protect me and not tell anyone about my job. I didn't know what else to do, I knew you would be so disappointed and I wasn't ready to face the fact that my family could find out. It was a one time thing and you just so happened to walk in on it. I never got a chance to explain myself, and I know I didn't deserve that chance but I was so confused, Y/N. I'm so sorry I did this to you. I just can't live with myself. I hope one day you can forgive me.
- Cass

I must've re-read that letter 5 or 6 times. I would've always supported Cass no matter what, judgement free. I feel so stupid for running away from my problems instead of dealing with them to begin with. I could've stopped this. I could still have my best friend here with me. I was now uncontrollably sobbing all down my face and onto the letter. I must've been loud because I didn't even notice Collin walk in and put his arm around my shoulder pulling me into a hug. After I cried on his chest for a minute, I wiped my tears and backed away. I handed him the letter and I watched as his eyes grew bigger obviously reading the truth. He placed the letter down on his desk and turned his body towards me. "What do you want to do?"
"I'm going home, Collin. "
"Y/N, they aren't having a funeral. Her mom lives in Michigan now and her dad doesn't have enough money. She will be buried at the cemetery close to home, though. We should go visit soon. "
"I'm going today. I need to talk to her, I know she'll be able to hear me. I have to get a plane ticket and go home Collin. "
"Okay, sis. I love you. I'll go look for tickets now. Take your time in here. "

I sat on the couch and stared at the wall. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I didn't want to know who was texting me right now but I took my phone out of my pocket and checked anyway.

Jaden
Morning beautiful, be ready by 7 tonight. I can't wait to see you :)