part 4

Our lips were centimeters apart when his collided with mine. His hands were cupping my face as our lips slowly moved in sync. I broke it apart after a minute or two and slowly backed away.
Jaden looked horrified and said "I don't know why I just did that, I'm so sorry Y/N. I just ruined our friendship didn't I?"
Friendship. Ouch. Why did that sting, it was true?
"It's fine, really. Maybe it's time to go home now though." I had so much more to say, but I couldn't make myself. I had butterflies all in my stomach during and after that kiss. I couldn't stop thinking about it the whole ride home. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't even realize we were pulling into my driveway.
"Hey, thanks for today Jae. I had a lot of fun, I'll see you around the house I guess. Let me know when you make it back home. " I smiled before climbing out of my seat.
All I heard was "Yeah" before I shut the door.
I crawled into bed after changing into a t-shirt and taking my makeup off. It was 12:30, why hasn't Jaden texted me saying he's home yet?

I have a feeling that kiss ruined our "friendship". Great, I had one friend in California who wasn't family and I lost him within a day.

The next couple weeks sped by. Collin had me answering emails, doing errands, and the occasional calls with his producing team. I still haven't made any friends here, mostly because I never leave the house unless I really had to. I was beginning to get really depressed, even more than I was back home. I missed my family and friends. I was barely eating unless Collin pointed it out.
Jaden had been at the house all week, but he hadn't spoken a word to me. It was like I didn't even exist.
He would walk in the door, make eye contact with me, then immediately look down. That stung. I wish he would've never kissed me. I was so embarrassed because it was like I wasn't good enough. The more I thought about it, I wasn't. There were so many prettier girls in California that he would go for. Ones that actually had careers and we're talented in some way. I realized I was too deep in thought when I heard Collin say "Hello? Y/N? Did you even hear me?"
"No sorry. What was it?" I looked up and saw him and Jaden standing in front of me. Jaden was looking at the floor.
"Can you give Jaden a ride home? His car isn't starting and I have a meeting in 20 minutes I'm running late for." He said as he headed towards the door. Great, so I don't have an option.
I grabbed my keys from the counter and headed towards the front door. Jaden was still looking at the ground. "Are you coming?" He just looked up and started walking towards me.
We got in the car in silence and I started backing out of the driveway. I handed Jaden my phone and told him to put in his address. He handed it back after starting my Spotify playlist. We drove in awkward silence for what felt like forever before he finally said "Do you hate me?" I looked over confused and asked "Why the hell would I hate you Jae?"
"I don't know, because I kissed you."
"What? I kissed you back didn't I? And then you started acting weird after. You never told me you made it home and then just started acting like I didn't exist after that. I don't know, it was like you regretted it and just decided to never talk to me again because it might be awkward" His face dropped and his expression changed before saying "I know... uh I don't know why I did any of that. It's not because you're not good enough I promise, Y/N."
"What is it then?"

"I have a girlfriend, Y/N. "