part 35

I was dreading today.

My parents were leaving in the morning so we were all having dinner at Collin's tonight. I've been so wrapped up in my own life and it's events that I've barely seen this while they were here which was incredibly selfish considering they came here to see me. To see me get engaged....
My family loved Nick so I knew this wasn't going to go over well.

"Hey guys!" I yelled, letting myself into the house.
"Hey honey, dinners almost ready, sit down and talk with us. " My mom smiled warmly, bringing me into a quick side hug.
We were all sitting down catching up on recent events. I had avoided my own recent events in hopes of keeping my sanity. My plan was almost working until Sarah interrupted my mom.
"Y/N where's your ring at?"
"Uh...." I couldn't get any words out of my mouth. I just looked around as everyone's smiles slowly crept into a frown, almost knowing that I was in fact, not getting married. I think everyone knew deep down how I really felt but hoped that if they didn't bring it up that it would just not be a problem anymore.
"I'm not getting married anymore. "
"W-what? Why?" My mom interjected.
"You guys aren't going to like this. "
"I swear to god Y/N if this has something to do with Jaden. I knew he looked entirely too happy this morning in the studio. " Collin uttered.
"Yeah... um. He showed up at my apartment a couple nights ago. Nick is the one who really called off the engagement, because of how I felt. I still love Jaden and I know you guys don't want to hear this, but it's never going to change. "

No one said anything. They all exchanged wide-eyed stares and their mouths stayed closed.

"Well, dinners ready. " My dad called from the kitchen.

We all ate in complete silence other than KC's coos that echoed throughout the dining room.
"Is no one seriously going to say anything?" I finally spoke up.
"What is there to say, honey?" My mom sighed. "You threw away a relationship with someone who adored you for someone who broke your heart into a million pieces. It just doesn't make sense to me."
"Mom, I can't marry someone that I'm not in love with. I know you guys all loved Nick, but I couldn't marry him. Not even if Jaden wasn't in the picture. I know it'll take some time but I hope you guys can at least support me and let me learn from my mistakes. "
No one said anything again.

"Fine. " I threw up my hands in frustration. "I'll see you guys next time you visit then. "

I got up and stormed off towards the door.

"Honey, wait!" My dad yelled.

I turned around and walked back into the kitchen.

My dad cleared his throat and then took a deep breath.
"We love you and just want what's best for you. But we can't sit around and watch you hurt yourself time and time again like this. It's just not fair to yourself. I hope you understand one day honey. Now, please, sit down and finish dinner with us."
I watched as Collin, Sarah, and my mom nodded in agreement. I was in disbelief. I turned around and stormed out of the house without looking back. None of them tried to stop me either.

I pulled back into the parking deck of my apartment and pressed the elevator button up to my room. Avani was sitting on the couch in the living room watching some movie.
"Why are you home so early?" She turned around, sitting her bowl of popcorn down on the side table.
"It went awful. They basically told me I was throwing my life away" I sighed, flopping down throwing my arms down in frustration.
"To the honest..."
"Vani not you too?" I groaned.
"I think there's some truth to what they're saying.."
"I thought you and Jaden were good?"
"Good... is an over-statement. I tolerate him because I love you. "
"Ugh. I really can't win with anybody around here. I'm going out. Don't call. " I got up and stormed out once again.

I was driving with no destination when I realized that I drove half-way to Jaden's subconsciously so I called him.

Jaden
Hey baby what's up how was dinner?

Me
Driving around like a maniac. Can I please come over? I'm kind of already halfway there.

Jaden
I'll be waiting for you. Drive safe angel

I smiled as he hung up. He's the only thing keeping me sane right now regardless of what everyone else thought.
I put my car in park when I realized I haven't been here since before the break up so things were bound to be awkward.
I knocked on the door and someone swung the door open. He looked young, his hair was blonde and black, I had seen him before on tiktok I think.
"Hey, um, we don't really allow fans inside, I'm sorry. " He went to shut the door in my face when Jaden came around the corner and interrupted him.
"You dickface, this is my girlfriend. "
"Oh shit you're Y/N! I'm sorry I didn't realize. " He smiled, offering his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Quinton. "
"Hey Quinton." I accepted his handshake. "And not your girlfriend yet Jae. " I laughed.
"Don't remind me."